John Ritter (1948 - 2003)
- Real Men (1987) [Agent Pillbox/Bob Wilson]: Playing a dual role, "Agent Pillbox" is shot to death in a forest by an unseen sniper. (Bob Wilson survives the movie.)
- Bride of Chucky (1998) [Chief Warren Kincaid]: Stabbed repeatedly in the back by Chucky (voice of Brad Dourif), on top of having several nails propelled into his face.
- Mannix: Hardball (1975) [Cliff Elgin]: Shot in the back by Vincent Beck's thug. Dies shortly after giving Mike Connors a locker key.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Ted (1997) [Ted Buchanan]: Playing an android, he is destroyed when Sarah Michelle Gellar bashes him over the head with a frying pan, permanently damaging him. (The original human "Ted," who invented the android and based it on himself, died several years before the episode begins.)
- Dead Man's Gun; segment, The Great McDonacle (1997 TV) [Harry McDonacle]: Shot to death in a showdown with The Blue-eyed Boy aka Billy the Kid (Brad Payne) when John's overconfidence with his ability to never miss his target caused him to overlook speed of the draw as April Telek and Jay Brazeau watch remorsefully from the boardwalk.
- 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter: Goodbye Part 1 (2003) [Paul Hennessy]: Dies (off-screen) of a heart attack at a grocery store; we learn of his death afterwards when Katey Sagal gets the news. (This episode was filmed after John's real-life death; John does not actually appear, even in flashback/previously filmed footage).
- Scrubs: My Cake (2004) [Sam Dorian]: Dies (off-screen) of a heart attack, shortly before this episode begins; we learn of his death afterwards when Tom Cavanagh informs Zach Braff. (As with 8 Simple Rules, this episode was filmed after John's real-life death and he does not actually appear.)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.