The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
John Malkovich (1953 - )
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- The Sheltering Sky (1990) [Port Moresby]: Dies of a fever, probably typhus; Campbell Scott then buries his body in the desert.
- Of Mice and Men (1992) [Lennie Small]: Shot in the head by Gary Sinise (to spare him from an approaching lynch mob), after he makes John imagine a dream place.
- In the Line of Fire (1993) [Mitch Leary]: Falls out of a glass elevator after a struggle with Clint Eastwood (his body is later seen as Clint descends in the elevator).
- Mary Reilly (1996) [Dr. Henry Jekyll/Mr. Edward Hyde]: Dies of an overdose of his formula, as Julia Roberts helplessly listens to his heartbeat (his body is later seen as Julia wakes up next to him).
- Con Air (1997) [Cyrus 'The Virus' Grissom]: Head crushed/decapitated by a pile driver at a construction site, when Nicolas Cage handcuffs John to the ladder during a scuffle on a fire truck, sends him flying through an overhead walkway, onto some power lines, and finally landing in the pile driver.
- Being John Malkovich (1999) [John Horatio Malkovich]: His mind is destroyed when Orson Bean and his followers enter the portal into his brain.
- Knockaround Guys (2001) [Teddy Deserve]: Killed by Barry Pepper.
- Johnny English (2003) [Pascal Savage]: After his arrest by London Police and being locked away under Rowan Atkinson's orders, his sentence with death is debatable, but rarely mentioned by anyone. (Played for comic effect.)
- Color Me Kubrick (2005) [Alan Conway]: While John Malkovich's Alan Conway is alive and well in the film's final scene, the captions before the closing credits state that the real-life Alan Conway died of heart failure shortly after the events shown in the movie.
- Burn After Reading (2008) [Osbourne Cox]: Presumbably dies (off-screen) after being shot in the head (also off-screen) by a CIA agent; it's stated in the closing conversation between David Rasche and J.K. Simmons that John is in a coma and is not expected to survive.
- Mutant Chronicles (2008) [Constantine]: Killed (off-screen) by mutants after being cornered in his office, we only see them moving towards him.
- Jonah Hex (2010) [Quentin Turnbull]: Killed in an explosion after his head gets trapped in a gear at the end of a fight with Josh Brolin.
- Bullet Head (2017) [Walker]: Shot in the back by Antonio Banderas, as he shields Adrien Brody from the gun shots.
- Bird Box (2018) [Douglas]: Stabbed in the chest with scissors by Tom Hollander (after a blind-folded John fails to kill Tom with a shotgun).
- Arkansas (2020) [Bright]: Shot in the stomach by Chandler Duke during a struggle. Both he and Chandler Duke succumb to their wounds (off-screen); their bodies are seen again when Liam Hemsworth and Clark Duke discover them.
- Ava (2020) [Duke]: Drowned (off-screen) when Colin Farrell drops him in a lake (weighing him down with a chain wrapped around a rock).
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Heart of Darkness (1994 TV) [Kurtz]: Dies of malaria (or some other unspecified tropical disease) shortly after talking to Tim Roth. We last see his body wrapped in shrouds and buried in the jungle near his camp.
- Les Miserables (2000 TV) [Javert]: Commits suicide by drowning himself in the river.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.