John Getz (1946 - )
- Blood Simple (1984) [Ray]: Shot in the back with a sniper rifle by M. Emmet Walsh through a window, while John is talking to Frances McDormand.
- The Fly (1986) [Stathis Borans]: Presumably dies of shock off-screen long after getting his hand and foot burned off with Jeff Goldblum's acid saliva. (note: he returns in the sequel The Fly II, having survived it, but it'll still be listed incase his limb removal was supposed to be fatal and if this film can be viewed as a standalone).
- Murder, She Wrote: Race to Death (1996) [Kyle Kimball]: Head smashed when Christopher Buchholz slams his safe door, while John was putting papers in his safe. His body is shown afterwards when Christopher (accompanied by a security guard) pretends to 'discover' him, and the murder is shown in a flashback later on.
- Prison Break: The Sunshine State (2008) [Dr. Roger Knowlton]: Poisoned with a syringe by Graham McTavish after Wentworth Miller forces him to.
- Halt and Catch Fire: Signal to Noise (2017) [Joe MacMillan Sr.]: While John doesn't actually appear in the episode, it was revealed by his son (Lee Pace) that his character passed away at some point after his last appearance in the episode The 214s.