John Cusack (1966 - )
- Stand by Me (1986) [Denny Lachance]: Killed (off-screen) in a car accident, a few months before the story begins; his death is revealed in Richard Dreyfuss' narration and he only appears in Wil Wheaton's flashbacks.
- Fat Man and Little Boy (1989) [Michael Merriman]: Dies of radiation poisoning.
- The Grifters (1990) [Roy Dillon]: Throat accidentally slit by a shard of broken glass when his mother (Anjelica Huston) hits him with a suitcase while he's holding a drinking glass.
- Cradle Will Rock (1999) [Nelson Rockefeller]: Died (off-screen) from heart attack on January 26 1979.
- Max (2002) [Max Rothman]: Beaten to death in the street by a gang of anti-Semitic thugs.
- Identity (2003) [Ed]: Shot in the chest during a shoot-out with Ray Liotta outside the hotel; he dies in Amanda Peet's arms shortly afterwards. (There is an additional twist to this movie, which I won't reveal.)
- The Ice Harvest (2005) [Charlie]: Although he survives the actual movie, the US DVD includes an alternate ending in which he is run over by Ned Bellamy's trailer when Ned unknowingly backs up over him.
- 1408 (2007) [Mike Enslin]: Although he survives the Theatrical Cut, the DVD Director's Cut includes an alternate ending in which he is burned to death after setting fire to Room 1408.
- War, Inc. (2008) [Brand Hauser]: Killed in an explosion (off-screen), along with Hilary Duff and Marisa Tomei, when their plane is shot down by a missile; the scene ends as the missile is closing in on the plane.
- The Factory (2012) [Mike]: Shot in the stomach by Jennifer Carpenter with the shotgun of Dallas Roberts in the house where Dallas keeps his victims. We see her firing the gun, then the impact on John. When he tries later, lying on the floor, to use his backup weapon she shoots him again. We only see her aiming the gun, then a exterior view of the house with the flash of the gun going off visible through the window. She then stages the crime scene to make it look like Dallas was the shooter.
- The Paperboy (2012) [Hillary Van Wetter]: Executed (off-screen) in the electric chair; his death is revealed in Macy Gray's narration.
- The Raven (2012) [Edgar Allan Poe]: Commits suicide by drinking poison, sacrificing himself to stop Sam Hazeldine from killing Alice Eve; he dies shortly afterwards while talking to someone on a park bench. His body is shown afterwards in the morgue.
- Grand Piano (2013) [Clem]: Falls to his death at the end of a struggle with Elijah Wood on the catwalk, landing on the piano that Don McManus is playing, while the audience looks on in shock.
- Lee Daniels' The Butler (2013) [Richard Nixon]: Dies (off screen) in the time between the flashback and modern day scenes.
- Reclaim (2014) [Benjamin]: Shot to death by Ryan Phillippe while attempting to shoot Ryan.
- Cell (2016) [Clay Riddell]:In a hallucination, John dies when attempting to detonate C4 explosives to kill Josh Minkel. However, in reality, John is already turned into a phoner zombie.
- Blood Money (2017) [Miller]: Bludgeoned repeatedly with a metal pipe by Willa Fitzgerald; Ellar Coltrane hits John from behind with the pipe while he holds Willa at gunpoint. Willa then picks the pipe up and finishes him off.
- Distorted (2018) [Vernon Sarsfield]: Shot to death (off-screen) by Vicellous Shannon henchmen. His death is later confirmed when Christina Ricci visits he's grave.
- Never Grow Old (2019) [Dutch Albert]: Shot in the head by Emile Hirsch, on top of having been shot in the stomach by Hirsch.
- The Jack Bull (1999; TV Movie) [Mryl Redding]: Executed by hanging.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.