John C. Reilly (1965 - )
Deaths in FilmEdit
- State of Grace (1990) [Stevie McGuire]: Throat slit by Ed Harris in an alley while R.D. Call holds John down; his body is shown again the next morning when a police boat pulls him out of the river.
- Nightwatch (1998) [Deputy Inspector Bill Davis]: Hit on the head with a baseball bat by Nick Nolte in the hospital security station, while Josh Brolin looks on helplessly. We see Nick swinging the bat, followed by a splash of blood on the window, then see John's body fall to the floor.
- The Perfect Storm (2000) [Dale 'Murph' Murphy]: Drowned (along with the rest of the crew) when the ship goes down in the storm. (Thanks to Pattie, David31 and Matt)
- Gangs of New York (2002) [Happy Jack Mulraney]: Strangled by Leonardo DiCaprio in an abandoned mission; we see the start of the struggle, followed by a shot of John's body hanging from a lamppost.
- The Hours (2002) [Dan Brown]: Dies of cancer (off-screen) at some point between the 1950s sequences and the present-day sequences; we learn of his death when Julianne Moore mentions it to Meryl Streep.
- Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story (2007) [Dewey Cox]: Dies of a heart attack three minutes after performing a song at an awards ceremony; the movie ends with a freeze-frame of John on stage, followed by some on-screen text informing us of his death. (A parody of the typical biopic ending, except that his death occurs immediately after the end rather than years later.) (Thanks to Andrew and ND)
- 9 (2009; animated) : Providing the voice of a robotic sack-creature, his soul is sucked out of his body by the BRAIN machine. His soul is seen again later on when 9 (voiced by Elijah Wood) releases it. (Thanks to Tommy)
- We Need to Talk About Kevin (2011) [Franklin Khatchadourian]: Shot repeatedly (off-screen) with arrows, along with his daughter (Ashley Gerasimovich) by his son (Ezra Miller); their bodies are shown afterwards when Tilda Swinton discovers them. (Thanks to Tim and ND)
- The Dictator (2012) [Clayton]: Burned to death when he accidentally sets fire to himself while trying to burn Sacha Baron Cohen's beard after shaving it off. (Played for comic effect.) (Thanks to Tommy, Tim, and ND)
- Tim & Eric's Billion Dollar Movie (2012) [Taquito]: Shot repeatedly by Will Ferrell in an attempted "mercy killing" after John falls one floor in the mall while fighting a wolf. (Played for comic effect.) (Thanks to Tommy)
- Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (2013) [Stonewall Jackson's Ghost]: Plays a ghost during the newscaster battle.
- Life After Beth (2014) [Maury Slocum]: Mauled to death (off screen) by his zombie daughter (Aubrey Plaza); his death is revealed when Molly Shannon tells Dane DeHaan.
- Tale of Tales (2015) [King of Longtrellis]: Slashed across the stomach by a dragon white in Alcantara river.
- Stan & Ollie (2018) [Oliver Hardy] Dies (off-screen) of cerebral thrombosis after the movie ends. His death is mentioned on a screen text at the end of the movie.
Deaths in Web Series Edit
- Drunk History Vol. 6 Featuring John C. Reilly, and Crispin Glover (2010) [Nikola Tesla]: Dies alone in a hotel. The scene is narrated by an intoxicated Duncan Trussell. (Played for comic effect.)
- Husband of Alison Dickey (producer)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.