John C. McGinley (1959 - )
Deaths In FilmsEdit
- Highlander II: The Quickening (1991) [David Blake]: Painfully grabbed by crotch and thrown from a building by Michael Ironside. (Thanks to Michael)
- Little Noises (1992) [Stu Slovak]: Stabbed in a drug deal gone bad, as his mute brother (Matthew Hutton) looks on in horror.
- Hear No Evil (Danger Sign) (1993) [Mickey O'Malley]: Shot to death by Marlee Matlin when he tries to kill her. (Thanks to Michael)
- On Deadly Ground (1994) [MacGruder]: Sliced/Shredded/Slashed to death when Steven Seagal knocks him into a helicopter rotor. (Thanks to Michael)
- Surviving the Game (1994) [John Griffin]: Shot in the head by Charles S. Dutton. (Thanks to Michael)
- The Rock (1996) [Captain Hendrix]: Falls to his death after being set on fire by Sean Connery. (Thanks to Michael)
- Truth or Consequences, N.M. (1997) [Eddie Grillo]: Shot in the head by Kiefer Sutherland in a warehouse. (Thanks to Tal)
- Get Carter (2000) [Con McCarty]: Killed in a car crash while John is trying to kill Sylvester Stallone. (Thanks to Tommy)
- The Animal (2001) [Sgt. Doug Sisk]: Mauled to death by the beast (Colleen Haskell) while about to shoot Rob Schneider (it's unclear if he died or not but he isn't seen again).
- Identity (2003) [George York]: Hit by a truck driven by John Hawkes outside the hotel, after running out to try to save Bret Loehr. (There is an additional twist to the movie, which I won't reveal.) (Thanks to PortsGuy)
- Superman/Batman: Public Enemies (2009; animated) [Metallo]: Killed (off-screen) when Ricardo Chavira hits him with a blast of radiation; his body is shown in a news report Tim Daly and Kevin Conroy view.
- Alex Cross (2012) [Police Chief Richard Brookwell]: Killed in an explosion (along with Werner Daehn, Marcelo Tubert, and several police officers) when Matthew Fox fires a rocket launcher at them from a subway train. (Thanks to Tim)
Deaths in TelevisionEdit
- The Last Outlaw (1993 TV) [Wills]: Shot to death during a shootout by Mickey Rourke and his men.
- Intensity (1997 TV) [Edgler Foreman Vess]: Burned to death by Molly Parker. (Thanks to Michael)
- Scrubs: My Two Dads (2001) [Dr. Cox]: In a fantasy sequence, he's killed with a light-saber by Ken Jenkins in a duel as Zach Braff watches in horror; his body vanishes into nothing at the moment of his death. (A parody of Alec Guinness' death in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.) (John survives the episode in reality) (Played for Comedic Effect)
- Spider-Man: The New Animated Series; Sword of Shikata (2003) [Richard Damien]: Decapitated by Gina Gershon after he sent a group of henchmen to kill her.
- Clone High: Sleep of Faith: La Rue D'Awakening (2002; animated) [Doug Prepcourse]: Died (off-screen) forty years before the episode took place of unknown causes. Appeared as a ghost/illusion seen primarily by Michael MacDonald, a parody of The Sixth Sense.
- American Dragon Jake Long: The Legend of the Dragon Tooth (2005; animated) [Dr. Diente]: Destroy after being hit by a big screen TV used Jake (voiced by Dante Basco), his glasses are all that remained.
- Robot Chicken: Chirlaxx (2008; animated) [Mahmoud Ahmadinejad]: Burned to death when George W. Bush (voiced by Seth Green) throws him in a furnace. (Played for comic effect.) (Thanks to Tommy)
- Burn Notice: Means & Ends (2012) [Tom Card]: Shot in the head by Jeffrey Donovan.
- Chicago P.D.: Reckoning (2019) [Superintendent Brian Kelton] Shot to death off screen by Anne Heche, his body is found by "The Intelligence unit" at the end of the season finale.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.