John Barrymore (1882 - 1942)
Survivor of the 1906 San Francisco Earthquake.
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1920) [Dr. Henry Jekyll/Mr. Edward Hyde]: Commits suicide by taking poison; he changes from Hyde back to Jekyll as he dies. (Thanks to Anton)
- Svengali (1931) [Svengali]: Dies of a heart attack; due to his hypnotic control over Marian Marsh, she dies along with him.
- The Mad Genius (1931) [Vladimir Ivan Tsarakov]: Hit in the chest with an axe by Luis Alberni on the ballet stage; his body is shown again afterwards when the curtain goes up and reveals it to the audience.
- Grand Hotel (1932) [Baron Felix von Geigern]: Beaten to death with a telephone by Wallace Beery after Wallace catches John breaking into his hotel room.
- Dinner at Eight (1933) [Larry Renault]: Commits suicide (off-screen) by turning on gas in his hotel suite. We learn of his death afterwards when Marie Dressler informs Madge Evans. (Thanks to Mac and Jeffrey)
- Romeo and Juliet (1936) [Mercutio]: Stabbed in the stomach during a swordfight with Basil Rathbone, when Leslie Howard tries to break up the fight. He dies shortly afterwards while talking to Leslie.
- Marie Antoinette (1938) [King Louis XV]: Dies of smallpox (off-camera) at the palace his death is indicated when the lights are extinguished in his room followed by a messenger delivering the news to Robert Morley and Norma Shearer.
- Ex-Mr. Dolores Costello.
- Ex-Mr. Elaine Barrie.
- Father of John Drew Barrymore and Diana Barrymore.
- Grandfather of Drew Barrymore.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.