Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
John Anderson (1922 - 1992)
Film Deaths:[edit | edit source]
- Ride the High Country (Guns in the Afternoon) (1962) [Elder Hammond]: Shot in the chest by Joel McCrea during the big shoot-out.
- Day of the Evil Gun (1968) [Captain Jefferson Addis]: Shot to death by Arthur Kennedy when John tries to steal the last of the horses. (Thanks to Brian)
- The Specialist (1975) [Pike Smith]: Shot several times in the chest by Adam West outside the courthouse.
Television Deaths:[edit | edit source]
- The Rifleman: The Retired Gun (1958) [Owny Kincaid]: Shot in the chest in a shoot-out with Chuck Connors, Paul Fix, and Robert Webber.
- The Rifleman: The Patsy (1959) [Sully Hobbs]: Shot repeatedly in a shoot-out with Chuck Connors.
- Have Gun Will Travel: First Catch a Tiger (1959) [Walt Dunne/Fred Horn]: Shot dead in a shoot-out with Richard Boone.
- The Detectives: Anatomy of Fear (1960) [Spencer]: Shot three times in the chest by Russell Thorson as he is trying to shoot the unarmed Lee Farr (Thanks to Brian)
- The Rifleman: Day of the Hunter (1960) [Cass Callicot]: Mauled to death by the Grizzly Bear.
- Stagecoach West: The Land Beyond (1960) [Cole Dawson]: Shot with a shotgun in the big shootout by Robert Bray as John is about to shoot Wayne Rogers. (Thanks to Brian)
- The Rifleman: Incident at Line Shack Six (1963) [John Gangling]: Shot to death by Ray Kellogg.
- Rawhide: Retreat (1965) [Major Cantwell]: After being wounded in the abdomen by Steve Ihnat he survives to the episodes end where he is able to get his incriminating affairs in order before the military fort he commanded called for evening retreat that ended his career before he died.
- Gunsmoke: The Raid Part 2 (1966) [Les McConnell]: Shot in the chest by James Arness when he is holding Milburn Stone hostage.
- Gunsmoke: Mail Drop (1967) [Roberts]: Shot to death by one of the townsfolk while trying to escape with Milburn Stone's buggy, after John and Eddie Hodges break out of jail. (Thanks to Brian)
- The Lincoln Conspiracy (1977 TV) [Abraham Lincoln]: Shot in the head by Bradford Dillman while sitting on the balcony at the theatre.
- Backstairs at the White House (1979 TV mini-series) [President Franklin Delano Roosevelt]: Dies of a cerebral hemorrhage. (I have not seen this mini-series, so I don't know whether his death was actually depicted or only mentioned.)
- Dallas: Last of the Good Guys (1988) [Dr. Herbert Styles]: Dies of a heart attack (off-screen). The scene ends after he is stricken with the heart attack, and his death is confirmed in the following episode (Top Gun) when his daughter (Leigh Taylor-Young) tells Larry Hagman.
- MacGyver: Passages (1990) [Harry Jackson]: Dies (off-screen) after suffering a fatal heart attack. He appears in the afterlife with his grandson (Richard Dean Anderson, who is in a coma), and his death is established when he chooses to stay behind while Richard returns to the living world.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.