Joe Sawyer (1906 - 1982)
a.k.a. Joseph Sauers
- The Walking Dead (1936) [‘Trigger’ Smith]: Accidentally shoots himself when his gun goes off when he falls over some furniture while backing away from Boris Karloff.
- Frontier Marshal (1939) [Curley Bill]: Shot to death by Binnie Barnes in revenge for killing Cesar Romero when Joe tries to kill Randolph Scott. (This is historically inaccurate, the real Curley Bill Brocius was shot to death by Wyatt in 1882 at the gunfight at Iron Springs).
- The Roaring Twenties (1939) [The Sergeant, Pete Jones]: Shot to death by Humphrey Bogart during a robbery at a warehouse. We only see Humphrey firing; Joe’s body is not shown afterwards. (Thanks to Mac)
- The Killing (1956) [Mike O’Reilly]: Shot to death (off-camera) in a shoot-out between Elisha Cook Jr. and Vince Edwards in the gang’s hideout; his body is shown in the aftermath of the shoot-out.
TV Deaths Edit
- Peter Gunn: The Briefcase (1959) [Sam Granger]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.