Jim Davis (1909 - 1981)
Not to be confused with Garfield creator Jim Davis
- The Cariboo Trail (1950) [Miller]: Gets beaten in a fight by Randolph Scott, then grabs a logging axe, twirls it to throw, so Scott shoots him. (Thanks to Brian)
- The Big Chase (1954) [Brad Bellows]: Shot by Glenn Langan.
- The Last Command (1955) [Ben Evans]: Shot in the head on the ramparts of the Alamo. (Thanks to Gordon and Brian)
- The Restless Breed (1957) [Ed Newton]: Gunned down in the final showdown in the saloon by Scott Brady. (Thanks to Brian)
- Flaming Frontier (1958) [Colonel Hugh Carver]: Dies of his injuries after being shot by a Sioux warrior during an ambush.
- Five Bloody Graves (1970) [Clay Bates]: Stabbed in the chest by John "Bud" Cardos after John stakes him to the ground.
- Rio Lobo (Sam Timoteo) (1970) [Rio Lobo Deputy]: Shot to death in a shoot-out with John Wayne. (Thanks to Michael)
- The Parallax View (1974) [Senator John Hammond]: Shot in the back by a Parallax Corporation assassin while Jim is driving a cart through an assembly hall during a campaign-stop rehearsal.
- Have Gun - Will Travel: The Treasure (1962) [Al Long]: Shot to death. (Thanks to Michael)
- Wagon Train: The Jim Whitlow Story (1963) [Clyde Hubble]: Shot to death in a showdown with Denny Miller as John Kerr and Ellen Burstyn look on.
- Perry Mason: The Case of a Place Called Midnight (1964) [Joe Farrell]: Shot to death (off-screen) by Gerald Mohr. His body is shown afterwards when Raymond Burr and Susanne Cramer discover him.
- The Time Tunnel: The Alamo (1966) [Col. Jim Bowie]: Fatally shot in the head in the Alamo's infirmary by a Mexican soldier after Jim had mortally wounded him by throwing his knife in his chest.
- Gunsmoke: The Mission (1966) [Jim Basset]: Cornered in a stable, confronted by the unarmed Robert F. Simon, he is wounded by James Arness. He then shoots Robert before James shoots him again (Thanks to Brian)
- Cimarron Strip: The Search (1967) [Clo Vardeman]: Sneaking up behind the unsuspecting Stuart Whitman, he is about to shoot when Jonathan Lippe calls to him, which alerts Whitman who turns and shoots him. (Thanks to Brian)
- Gunsmoke: The Gunrunners (1968) [Jubal Gray]: Killed in an explosion/fire when James Arness fires into the barrels of gunpowder and blows up the gunrunners hideout. (Thanks to Brian)
- Gunsmoke: Zavala (1968) [Ben Rawlins]: Wounded in a gunfight by James Arness in the village square but then shot dead by Rico Alaniz (Thanks to Brian)
- Gunsmoke: Murdoch (1971) [Amos Carver]: Shot twice in the chest by James Arness after he has wounded Jack Elam and Robert Random. (Thanks to Brian)
- Night Gallery: The Waiting Room (1972) [Abe Bennett]: Shot in the head (off-screen) by a deputy while hiding in the bell tower; he appears as a ghost in the afterlife "saloon", and we hear the bell tolling after he leaves the saloon to relive his death.
- Dallas: The Search (1982) [Jock Ewing]: Killed (off-screen) in a helicopter crash; his death is confirmed when his sons (Larry Hagman, Patrick Duffy, and Steve Kanaly) find his medallion in a lake. (Jim doesn't appear in this episode, due to his real-life death the previous year; his last appearance was in the episode New Beginnings.)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.