Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
Jim Backus (1913 - 1989)
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- The Great Lover (1949) [Higgins]: Strangled with a cloth (off-screen) by Roland Young in Jim's cabin on the boat; his body is shown afterwards as Roland prepares to leave, and again later on when Bob Hope discovers him.
- The Killer That Stalked New York (Frightened City) (1950) [Willie Dennis]: Dies of smallpox (off-screen) in the hospital; his death is not explicitly confirmed, but considering his condition when we last see him, it seems a safe assumption that he doesn't pull through.
- Johnny Cool (1963) [Louis Murphy]: Shot in the chest by Henry Silva in a train station.
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Mister Magoo's Dr. Frankenstein (1965; animated) [Mister Magoo as Dr. Frankenstein] In the "play-within-the-show," he is blown up when he pulls a lever and deliberately sets off an explosion in the laboratory, sacrificing himself to destroy the monster. We only see the explosion from outside, and from a distance.
- Mister Magoo's Captain Kidd (1965; animated) [Mister Magoo as Captain Kidd] In the "play-within-the-show," he is executed by hanging (off screen) after being convicted of piracy. We learn of it when a sailor tells the story to two other sailors in a saloon.
- Mister Magoo's Christmas Carol (1962; animated) [Mr. Magoo as Ebenezer Scrooge]: In the "play-within-the-show" production of A Christmas Carol, he dies (off-screen) in a vision of the future, as revealed when the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come shows him his grave. His future death is prevented when he changes his ways. (Thanks to Tommy)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.