Jessica Chastain (1977 - )
- The Tree of Life (2011) [Mrs. O'Brien]: Appears as a body in a glass coffin in an imaginary sequence, as her son (Hunter McCracken) contemplates the concept of mortality. She possibly dies (off-screen) at some point between the 1950s scenes and the present-day scenes; at the end of the film, she is shown meeting with her Hunter's older self (Sean Penn), but it's open to interpretation whether this is a vision, an afterlife experience, or a symbolic scene.
- Miss Julie (2014) [Miss Julie]: Commits suicide (off-screen) by slitting her own wrists by a stream. We see her body afterwards.
- Interstellar (2014) [Murphy Cooper]: Likely dies (off-screen) of old age not too long after telling her father (Matthew McConaughey) to go out and find Anne Hathaway; her death isn't stated, but given her age, poor health and the longevity of space travel in this universe, it's easy to say that won't survive too long.
- Crimson Peak (2015) [Lady Lucille Sharpe]: Hit twice in the head with a shovel by her sister-in-law (Mia Wasikowska) after being distracted by the ghost of her brother (Tom Hiddleston). She appears at the end of the film as a ghost.
- The Huntsman: Winter's War (2016) [Sara]: Stabbed in the back by Sope Dirisu, as Chris Hemsworth watches on helplessly, after Emily Blunt uses her powers to create an ice wall to separate them; it later transpires that this was a vision created by Emily to force them to separate, and Jessica survives the movie in reality.
- Dark Phoenix (2019) [Vuk/Margaret]: Jessica plays duel roles in the film. She plays a human called "Margaret" who is murdered by an alien named Vuk, which then takes her form. Vuk dies when Sophie Turner blows her up in space when she unleashes her full power.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.