Jeff Corey (1914 - 2002)
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- The Killers (A Man Alone) (1946) ["Blinky" Franklin]: Fatally wounded in an off-screen shoot-out with police; he dies in the hospital some time afterward, following a delirious confession/flashback.
- Brute Force (1947) ["Freshman' Stack]: Shot repeatedly by guards during a prison break, after Burt Lancaster and the other convicts tie Jeff to the front of a minecart to draw their fire.
- The Nevadan (1950) [Bart]: Shot to death in a gunfight with Forrest Tucker.
- Only The Valiant (1951) [Joe Harmony]: He is attacked off-screen by the Apaches, staggers back to the fort then collapses and dies. (Thanks to Brian).
- Red Mountain (1951) [Sgt. Skee]: Shot to death by Arthur Kennedy, when Jeff tries to assault Lizabeth Scott.
- True Grit (1969) [Tom Chaney]: Shot in the chest by John Wayne (on top of having been shot in the sides by Kim Darby), knocking him into the rattlesnake pit. (See also Josh Brolin in the remake)
- Beneath the Planet of the Apes (1970) [Caspay]: Either killed (off-screen) by the apes during their attack on the underground city, or killed in the explosion when Charlton Heston detonates the doomsday bomb.
- Little Big Man (1970) [Wild Bill Hickock]: Shot in the back of the head by Rory O'Brien during a poker game in a saloon.
- Shoot Out (1971) [Trooper]: Wheelchair bound, he is shot first by Robert F. Lyons, then by John Chandler and then by Pepe Serna. (Thanks to Brian).
- Battle Beyond the Stars (1980) [Zed]: Dies from a laser blast to the torso by a Malmori soldier. (Thanks to Tal)
- Conan the Destroyer (1984) [Grand Vizier]: Speared through the chest by Grace Jones as Jeff was about to sacrifice Olivia d'Abo in a ritual of magic. (Thanks to Stephen)
- Messenger of Death (1988) [Willis Beecham]: Shot in the chest by one of John Ireland's sons, after John Solari shoot Ireland and sets off a big shoot-out.
- Surviving the Game (1994) [Hank]: Dies (off-screen). His body is shown later when Ice-T discovers him.
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
- The Outer Limits: O.B.I.T. (1963) [Mr. Byron Lomax]: Playing an alien in human form, he commits suicide by disintegrating himself after his secret is discovered. See Famous Last Words. (Thanks to Stephen)
- Perry Mason: The Case of the Reckless Rockhound (1964) [Carl Bascom]: Shot to death (off-screen) by Douglas Lambert. His body is shown afterwards when William Hopper, Audrey Totter and Ted de Corsia discover him.
- The Wild Wild West: The Night Of A Thousand Eyes (1965) [Captain Ansel Coffin]: Blind, he is trying to find Robert Conrad who throws a switch to drop on him the heavy suspended cage in which Corey had kept Conrad prisoner. (Thanks to Brian).
- Gunsmoke: The Night Riders (1969) [Judge Proctor]: Shot by Norman Alden; he dies in his son's (Robert Pine) arms shortly afterwards.
- Kojak: A House of Prayer, a Den of Thieves (1975) [Frank Raynor]: Shot in the chest with a sniper rife by Don Calfa.
- The A-Team: Family Reunion (1986) [A.J. Bancroft]: Dies of an undisclosed terminal illness while talking to his daughter, Clare Kirkconnell; we learn of his death when she tells George Peppard, Dirk Benedict, Dwight Schultz, Mr. T and Eddie Velez. They then give him a makeshift funeral.
- Babylon 5: Z'ha'dum (1996) [Justin]: Presumably killed in an explosion when Bruce Boxleitner remote-pilots his ship (carrying a nuclear warhead) to crash into the planet.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.