Jean-Louis Trintignant (1930 - )
- IL Sorpasso (1962) [Roberto Mariani]: Killed in a car accident which Vittorio Gassman survives when his car goes over a cliff. We only see the car during the impact; his body is not shown afterwards. (Thanks to Harry)
- Mata Hari, Agent H21 (1964) [Captain Francois Lasalle]: Shot to death by German soldiers.
- Trans-Europ-Express (1967) [Elias/Himself]: Playing a dual role as both himself and a character in a story (as the boundaries of fiction and reality are blurred), "Elias" is shot in the back by Charles Millot. (The real Jean-Louis survives the movie.)
- Deadly Sweet (Col cuore in gola; Heart Beat; I Am What I Am; With Heart in Mouth) (1967) [Bernard]: Shot in the stomach by Ewa Aulin as he tries to take the gun away from her. (Thanks to Eugene)
- Death Laid an Egg (La Morte ha fatto I'uovo; A Curious Way to Love, Plucked) (1967) [Marco]: Dies when he is ground up in a chicken feed machine when he accidentally falls into it after he realizes who murdered his wife.
- The Great Silence (Il Grande silenzio) (1968) [Silence]: Shot in the head by Klaus Kinski, after one of Klaus' henchmen shoots Jean-Louis in the stomach just as Jean-Louis draws his gun. (An alternate "happy ending," with Jean-Louis surviving, was filmed for different markets; the US DVD includes the alternate ending as a bonus feature.)
- The Man Who Lies (L'Homme qui ment) (1968) [Boris Varissa]: Shot to death by Ivan Mistrik; he then comes back to life to resume narrating his story.
- And Hope to Die (La course du lievre a travers les champs) (1971) [Antoine Cardot aka Froggy] Already mortally wounded due to having a knife thrown into his back, he is shot to death off-screen after having a stand-off with the police. The film ends before his fate is shown, but the building he is in, is being constantly barraged with bullets.
- Flic Story (1975) [Émile Buisson]: Executed (off-screen) by decapitation with a guillotine, we are informed by Alain Delon towards the end of movie.
- Under Fire (1983) [Marcel Jazy]: Shot dead by teenage poet rebels as he orders Nick Nolte to photograph it with Nick refusing. His body is later seen as Nick covers him with a carpet rug.
- Amour (2012) [Georges]: Dies in his sleep; it’s not established he is dead until he sees the ghost of his wife (I haven’t seen all of this but I’ve read he dies at the end).
- Ex-Mr. Stephane Audran
- Ex-Mr. Nadine Trintignant (director)
- Father of Marie Trintignant
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.