Directed by Steven Spielberg
Male Deaths Edit
- Ted Grossman (Estuary Victim)
- Craig Kingsbury (Ben Gardner)
- Robert Shaw (Quint)
- Jeffrey Voorhees (Alex Kintner)
Female Deaths Edit
- Susan Backlinie (Chrissie Watkins)
- Director Steven Spielberg named the shark "Bruce" after his lawyer Bruce Raymor.
- According to writer Carl Gottlieb, the line, "You're gonna need a bigger boat," was not scripted, but was ad-libbed by Roy Scheider.
- Robert Shaw could not stand Richard Dreyfuss and the two argued all the time, which resulted in some good tension between Hooper and Quint.
- Several decades after the release of Jaws (1975), Lee Fierro, who played Mrs. Kintner, walked into a seafood restaurant and noticed that the menu had an "Alex Kintner Sandwich." She commented that she had played his mother so many years ago; the owner of the restaurant ran out to meet her, and he was none other than Jeffrey Voorhees, who had played her son. They had not seen each other since the original movie shoot.
- When composer John Williams originally played the score for director Steven Spielberg, Spielberg laughed and said, "That's funny, John, really; but what did you really have in mind for the theme of Jaws (1975)?" Spielberg later stated that without Williams's score, the movie would only have been half as successful and according to Williams, it jumpstarted his career.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.