James Remar (1953 - )
- The Long Riders (1980) [Sam Starr]: Presumably dies (off-screen) of blood loss after being stabbed in the right leg by David Carradine during a knife fight.
- Partners (1982) [Edward K. Petersen]: Strangled (off-screen) by Rick Jason; his body is shown afterwards while the police investigate the scene.
- Rent-a-Cop (1987) [Dancer]: Killed in an explosion after Burt Reynolds sticks a flash grenade into James' visor.
- Tales from the Darkside: The Movie (1990) [Preston]: Mauled to death by Rae Dawn Chong after she transforms into her monstrous form.
- Deadlock (1991) [Sam]: Shot to death by Joan Chen when Rutger Hauer uses him as a shield in an empty water tank.
- Fatal Instinct (1993) [Max Shady]: Falls to his death from a moving train in the water, after being shot repeatedly (without reacting to any of the shots) by Kate Nelligan (who had mistaken him for Armand Assante). (Played for comic effect.)
- Exquisite Tenderness (1995) [Dr. Benjamin Hendricks]: Stabbed in the neck with a surgical blade by Sean Haberle (whilst his in bed). He dies after Isabel Glasser discovers him (after seeing the blood).
- The Phantom (1996) [Quill]: Accidentally vaporized/incinerated by an energy beam controlled by Treat Williams.
- Mortal Kombat: Annihilation (1997) [Raiden]: Shot with an energy blast by his brother (Brian Thompson); he dies while talking to Robin Shou. He is later revived by the Elder Gods.
- Rites of Passage (1999) [Frank Dabbo]: Shot in the chest with a shotgun by Jason Behr while they're sitting in a rowboat.
- Blowback (2000) [John Matthew Whitman/Schmidt]: Executed in the gas chamber; he is later brought back to life through advanced technology by a secret government agency. He dies once again when Mario Van Peebles shoots him with a crucifix in a crossbow, and then repeatedly shoots his body to make sure he's dead.
- Guardian (2001) [Detective Carpenter]: Killed in a struggle with Mario Van Peebles after James is possessed by a demon. His body is shown afterwards when the now-possessed Mario drops him from a platform.
- Blade: Trinity (2004) [Ray Cumberland]: In the DVD's alternate ending, it's implied that he's killed (along with several other police officers) by Dominic Purcell when Dominic (in the form of Wesley Snipes) revives in the morgue and attacks them.
- Pineapple Express (2008) [General Bratt]: Presumably dies (off-screen) at some point during the passage of time between the opening prologue and the present-day storyline. (His death is not established, but considering the timeframe, it's very likely.)
- RED (2010) [Gabriel Singer]: Shot in the chest by a helicopter sniper while he is talking to John Malkovich, Mary-Louise Parker and Bruce Willis.
- Setup (2011) [William Long]: Stabbed repeatedly in the side and neck by Theo Williamson. His body is later seen as Carlos Faison and Patrick Moug discover him.
- Django Unchained (2012) [Butch Pooch/Ace Speck]: Playing a dual role, "Ace" is shot in the head by Christoph Waltz after he points his gun at Christoph. "Butch" is shot in the chest by Jamie Foxx after he shoots Christoph.
- The Blackcoat's Daughter (2017) [Bill]: Throat slit by Emma Roberts. His and Lauren Holly's severed heads are then put into a suitcase and carried off by Roberts.
- Tales from the Crypt: Dead Wait (1991) [Red Buckley]: Beheaded with a machete by Whoopi Goldberg. The show ends with Whoopi taking his head into her village, presumably using it for her voodoo.
- Walker, Texas Ranger: The Principal (1999) [Keith Bolt]: Falls off the building after being defeated by Chuck Norris.
- The X-Files: Dæmoncius (2001) [Professor Josef Kobold]: Shot in the chest by Robert Patrick. His body is discovered by police.
- Dexter: Dexter (2006) [Harry Morgan]: Is revealed to have died several years in the past; he only appears in flashback sequences (and has appeared in flashbacks in many subsequent episodes.) In the 2007 episode There's Something About Harry, it's revealed that his death was a suicide by taking an overdose of heart medications. (There's no need to list it again as he's already dead at the start of the series).
- Grey's Anatomy: Take it Back (2014) [James Evans]: Died of drug illness.
- From Dusk Till Dawn: Boxman (2014) [Gecko Father]: Set on fire by his son (Dodge Prince) after James falls sleep in the couch with a cigarette and Dodge pours gasoline on him. We see this in a flashback sequence, because it takes place years before the events in the series.
- The Shannara Chronicles: Utopia (2016) [Cephelo]: Shot to death in a shoot out by Josh McKenzie as James was buying time for Austin Butler, Poppy Drayton and Ivana Baquero to escape
- Gotham: These Delicate and Dark Obsessions (2017) [Frank Gordon]: Commits suicide by shooting himself in the head.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.