James Hong (1929 - )
- Airplane! (Flying High) (1980) [Japanese General]: Commits suicide by hara-kiri while sitting next to Robert Hays on the plane, to escape from having to listen to Robert's flashback. (Played for comic effect)
- Blade Runner (1982) [Hannibal Chew]: Killed (off-screen) by Rutger Hauer and Brion James, although neither his murder nor his body is shown explicitly in the theatrical release. Apparently there's a deleted scene where Hong's frozen body is shown.
- Big Trouble in Little China (1986) [David Lo Pan]: Stabbed in the forehead with a knife when he throws it at Kurt Russell, only for Kurt to catch it and throw it straight back at him (his body is later seen when Carter Wong discovers him). (Thanks to Robert)
- Black Widow (1987) [Shin]: Dies of a heroin overdose in his office, when Theresa Russell forces him to take the drugs at gunpoint. His body is shown afterwards when the police investigate.
- The Shadow (1994) [Li Peng]: Shot to death by Alec Baldwin's men when James tries to use Arsenio 'Sonny' Trinidad as a human shield, and Alec tells them to shoot through him. (Thanks to Anton)
- Cyber Bandits (1995) [Tojo Yokohama]: Beaten to death (off-screen) by Nils Allen Stewart and another thug after they break into his tattoo parlor while he's working on Martin Kemp. His body is shown afterwards when Martin regains consciousness.
- Guns and Lipstick (1995) [Mr. Song]: Shot repeatedly in the chest by a hitman in a drive-by shooting outside the police station.
- The Lost Medallion: The Adventures of Billy Stone (2013) [Faleaka]: Shot in the chest/neck with a crossbow bolt by one of Mark Dacascos's assassins (who is then killed with a slingshot fired stone to the head), when he sacrifices himself by leaping in front of the projectile to shield Billy Unger (he dies while talking to Billy and the other kids).
- Summoned (2013) [Frank]: Killed (off-screen) by Tim Abell. His body is shown afterwards when a nurse enters his room to wake him up.
- Johnny Ringo: Single Debt (1960) [Charlie Chung]: Dies of heat stroke and dehydration, along with his father and sister, Peter Chong and Judy Dan, after being walked 20 miles into the waterless desert by Warren Oates and his brothers and left to walk back to their farm. He lives just long enough to tell Don Durant what had happened. (Thanks to Brian)
- Hawaii Five-O: A Thousand Pardons--You're Dead! (1969) [James Watanu]: Dies of a heart attack after Harry Guardino intimidates him and then takes away his pills.
- Kung Fu: The Squawman (1973) [Lin]: Shot to death by the owners of a pig he had stolen; shown in one of David Carradine's flashbacks. (Thanks to Robert)
- MacGyver: The Wish Child (1986) [Lee Wenying]: Dies of a heart attack while chasing after Leon Fan while Leon is escaping from James' ship with Richard Dean Anderson (mainly due to James believing that Leon is a mystical child who can make him immortal).
- Miami Vice: The Rising Sun of Death (1987) [Riochi Tanaka]: Committs Seppuku (Suicide by Stabbing Himself in the Stomach with a Katana) after being beaten by Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa.
- Charmed: Enter the Demon (2001) [Zen Master]: Stabbed by Daniel Dae Kim, who is stabbed in turn by Jeanne Chinn. James and Daniel are then trapped in a portal between life and death until Daniel is knocked through (having been trapped in a dagger by Alyssa Milano after a fight) and James moves on willingly. (Thanks to David31 and Liane)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Crystal Crisis (2014; animated) [Endente]: Decapitated by General Grievous (Matthew Wood) for his failure after Anakin Skywalker (Matt Lanter) and Obi-Wan Kenobi (James Arnold Taylor) for taking the Kyber Crystal.
Video Game DeathsEdit
- Sleeping Dogs (2012) [Uncle Po]: After being shot he is killed by Tom Wilkinson in the hospital as he injects lethal chemicals into his IV.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.