James Gandolfini (1961 - 2013)
- A Stranger Among Us (1992) [Tony Baldessari]: Killed in a car crash, when Melanie Griffith shoots at him as he’s driving towards her in a stolen taxi, prompting him to swerve and drive into a store front window. He dies after Griffith opens the driver’s side door and holds his hand.
- True Romance (1993) [Virgil]: Shot in the chest with his own shotgun by Patricia Arquette in her hotel room, after first being bashed on the head with a toilet-tank lid, burned with the lit spray from an aerosol can, and stabbed in the back with a corkscrew.
- Terminal Velocity (1994) [Ben Pinkwater]: Slashed to death (off-screen) by the propellers of a wind turbine/aero generator when Charlie Sheen pulls the ripcord of James' parachute, causing him to be sucked back into the propellers (while James is bear-hugging Charlie during a struggle). On impact we cut to Charlie's shocked reaction (followed by a shot of the gory propellers).
- The Juror (1996) [Eddie]: Throat slit (off-screen) by Alec Baldwin in James' apartment; his body is shown afterwards.
- Night Falls on Manhattan (1997) [Joey Allegretto]: Commits suicide by shooting himself while sitting in his car.
- 8mm (1999) [Eddie Poole]: Beaten to death with a gun butt by Nicolas Cage in a warehouse. His body is later seen when Cage sets it on fire.
- The Man Who Wasn't There (2001) [David 'Big Dave' Brewster]: Stabbed in the neck by Billy Bob Thornton during a struggle in James' office in the department store.
- The Mexican (2001) [Winston Baldrey]: Shot to death by Brad Pitt (as James swings round with a gun). His body is later seen when Julia Roberts sees him on hearing the shots.
- Romance and Cigarettes (2005) [Nick Murder]: Dies of cancer off-screen.
- Violet & Daisy (2011) [Michael]: Shot in the head (off-camera) by Saoirse Ronan, as James lies in bed and accepts his fate; we only hear the shot from the other room. His body is partially shown (just a close-up of his hands resting on his chest) later on as the police investigate.
- The Drop (2014) [Cousin Marv]: Shot numerous times while he is sitting in his car by a Chechen gangster. (Which was released a year after his real life death).
- The Sopranos: Funhouse (2000) [Tony Soprano]: Blown up in a dream sequence by Tony Sirico after James douses himself with gasoline and Sirico lights a match and James blows up after briefly talking to Sirico and the gang. James survives the episode in real life and wakes up from the nightmare.
- The Sopranos: Made in America (2007) [Tony Soprano]: Possibly shot to death (off-screen) by a hitman while eating at a diner with his family. The scene cuts to black possibly indicating that James's vision had gone black. The scene is left ambigious for the viewer to decide on his fate.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.