James Gammon (1940 - 2010)
- Macon County Line (1974) [Elisha Gibbons]: Executed (off-screen) in the electric chair, along with Timothy Scott, some time after the final scene; their deaths are mentioned in the on-screen text at the end of the movie.
- Silver Bullet (1985) [Arnie Westrum]: Decapitated by the werewolf Everett McGill.
- Revenge (1990) [Texan]: Dies while talking to Kevin Costner while in a car.
- Hard Vice (Vegas Vice) (1994) [Bronski]: I vaguely recall that he was killed in this movie (I believe in a shoot-out with Sam Jones), though I can't remember the details.
- Cold Mountain (2003) [Esco Swanger]: Stabbed in the stomach by Ray Winstone's men outside James' home.
- Gunsmoke: My Father, My Son (1966) [Arnie Jeffords]: Shot in the chest by Jack Elam, he then falls over the railing of the saloon.
- Bonanza: A Man Without Land (1967) [Harry Jeffers]: Shot in the chest by Jeremy Slate, to frame Michael Landon for Murder.
- The Sacketts (1979) [Wes Bigelow]: Shot to death by Sam Elliott, when he accuses him of cheating in a poker game.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.