The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
James Franco (1978 - )
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Tristan + Isolde (2006) [Tristan]: Stabbed in a swordfight with Mark Strong, whom he stabs to death in return; he dies shortly afterwards while talking to Sophia Myles.
- The Wicker Man (2006) [Bar Guy #1]: Likely killed (off-screen) as part of a sacrifice after the film ends; we only see Franco leaving a bar with Leelee Sobieski, but the ending implies that Franco will be brought to the island and have the same fate as Nicolas Cage. (Note: Franco only appears in the PG-13 theatrical cut)
- Spider-Man 3 (2007) [Harry Osborn a.k.a. New Goblin]: He was also previously clinically dead earlier in the film after he hit his head and fell in a fight with Tobey, but he was mentioned of being revived by the paramedics. Accidentally impaled in the back with his own Goblin-glider by Topher Grace, when James throws himself in front of Tobey Maguire to save him. He dies shortly afterwards while talking to Tobey and Kirsten Dunst.
- Camille (2008) [Silas]: Shot by police at Niagara Falls, yet appears to remain conscious when his wife Sienna Miller rides in a horse to take him away to the next world.
- Milk (2008) [Scott Smith]: Dies (off-screen) of AIDS-related illness; his death is mentioned in the on-screen text at the end of the movie.
- The Green Hornet (2011) [Danny 'Crystal' Clear]: Killed in an explosion, along with everybody else in the nightclub, when Christoph Waltz detonates a suitcase bomb he had left in the club.
- Spring Breakers (2013) [Alien]: Shot in the head by one of Gucci Mane's men as James, Ashley Benson, Vanessa Hudgens and Zendaya are storming Gucci's mansion. His body is shown again later on Ashley, Vanessa and Zendaya pay their respects.
- This is the End (2013) [James Franco]: Eaten alive by Danny McBride, Channing Tatum, and the rest of Danny's cannibal cult while Seth Rogen and Jay Baruchel look on in horror. (Played for comic effect.)
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014) [Dr. Will Rodman]: Dies (off-screen) from the virus that wipes out most of humanity in the events between Rise of the Planet of the Apes and this film; James is only seen in video footage that Caesar (Andy Serkis) is watching.
- Sausage Party (2016; animated) [Druggie]: Accidentally decapitated after slipping on water while trying to cook Barry the Sausage (voiced by Michael Cera), then causing his broadsword to fall on his neck; his decapitated head shows up later on when Barry shows Frank (voiced by Seth Rogen) the head. (Played for comic effect.)
- Alien: Covenant (2017) [Jacob Branson]: Burnt to death in a malfunctioning cryogenic sleep pod as his wife (Katherine Waterston) and the rest of the crew attempt to save him. His body is later ejected into space as part of a funeral.
- The Disaster Artist (2017) [Tommy Wiseau/Johnny]: In the film-within-the-film scenes recreating The Room, James commits suicide by shooting himself in the mouth in his bedroom as Josh Hutcherson, Dave Franco and Ari Graynor crowd around him. (Played for comic effect.)
- The Vault (2017) [Ed Maas]: Shot in the head by Jesse J. Clarkson in 1982; the screen cuts to black as he pulls the trigger. James appears throughout the film as a ghost.
- Future World (2018) [The Warlord]: Stabbed to death by Suki Waterhouse.
- Kin (2018) [Taylor Balik]: Dies after being shot with his own bullet that is redirected towards him.
- The Ballad of Buster Scruggs (2018) [Cowboy]: Executed by hanging.
- Zeroville (2019) [Vikar]: Poisoned after his drink is spiked by Dave Franco. His body is seen again when Seth Rogen finds him.
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
- James Dean (2001 TV) [James Dean]: Killed in a car accident. (Thanks to Shollum)
- The Deuce: They Can Never Go Home (2019) [Frankie Martino] Shot to death outside a club.
Notable Connections[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.