James Frain (1968 - )
- Nothing Personal (1995) [Kenny]:
- Macbeth on the Estate (1997) [Macbeth]: Presumably killed by David Harewood. (I haven't seen this, but it's a modern-day version of the Shakespeare play.)
- Elizabeth (1998) [Alvaro de la Quadra] Murdered off-screen by Cate Blanchett's assassins. We see him dead sitting on a chair with blood drippling out of his mouth.
- Vigo (1998) [Jean Vigo]: Presumably dies of tuberculosis. (I haven't seen this movie, so I don't know whether it ends before or after Vigo's death, but I do know the basic facts of Vigo's life.)
- Titus (1999) [Bassianus]: Stabbed in the back by Matthew Rhys, then in the stomach by Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, while out walking in the woods with Laura Fraser. Matthew and Jonathan then drop James' body into a pit, where he is discovered later by Kenny Doughty and Colin Wells.
- Reindeer Games (2000) [Nick Cassidy]: Killed in an explosion when Ben Affleck sends Gary Sinise's truck off a ravine, having been mortally wounded when Ben rams him with a burning car crushing him into a wall. (It's been a while since I've seen this movie, so I only vaguely remember the details.)
- The Count of Monte Cristo (2002) [J.F. Villefort]: Although he survives the film an alternative cut shows him shooting himself in the head after being arrested.
- Into the Blue (2005) [Reyes]: Killed (I recall shot or stabbed to death) by Josh Brolin or his cohorts when they double-cross James and most of his followers.
- Tron: Legacy (2010) [Jarvis]: Hit with a blade by Jeff Bridges, causing him to disintergrate.
- Transit (2012) [Marek]: Stabbed in the head on a large nail when Jim Caviezel slams his head down onto it at the end of a struggle (having first been shot in the shoulder)
- The Lone Ranger (2013) [Barret]: Killed when a wooden beam falls on his head after it is accidentally shot by Armie Hammer.
- Prime Suspect 3: Part 2 (1993) [Jason Baldwin]:
- Tales from the Crypt: Report from the Grave (1996) [Elliot]: Commits suicide (off-screen) by slashing himself his wrists in his bathroom, his body is later seen when Jonathan Firth and the police discover him.
- Arabian Nights: Episode 2 (2000) [Schahzenan / Harun al-Rashid]:
- Spartacus (2004 TV) [David]:
- 24: Day 4: 2:00 a.m.-3:00 a.m. (2005) [Paul Raines]: Dies on the operating table (from having been shot by Tomas Arana in 7:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.) in the CTU clinic, after Kiefer Sutherland forces Marc Besson to save Peter Chin's life instead.
- Fringe: Safe (2008) [Salman Kohl]: Neck snapped by Jared Harris. His body is then stripped of clothing and left in Jared's cell, where the prison guards later discover him following Jared's breakout.
- The Tudors: The Undoing of Cromwell (2009) [Thomas Cromwell]: Executed by beheading. The executioner is drunk and misses a clean cut and hits James in the back a few times before someone else takes the axe away and finishes the job.
- True Blood: Everything is Broken (2010) [Franklin Mott] Shot in the heart with a wooden bullet by Ryan Kwanten, causing him to explode.
- The Cape: Endgame (2011) [Peter Fleming / Chess]:
- The White Queen: War at First Hand (2013) [Lord Warwick]:
- Grimm: PTZD (2013) [Prince Eric Renard]: Blown up with a car bomb by Damien Puckler on Sasha Roiz's orders.
- Agent Carter: Bridge and Tunnel (2015) [Leet Brannis]:
- Gotham: Worse Than a Crime (2015) [Theo Galavan]: Shot in the head (off-screen) by Ben McKenzie, in addition to having been beaten with a bat by Robin Lord Taylor; we only see Ben firing. His body is shown later on in the morgue with one of Robin's umbrellas down his throat. He is later brought back to life by BD Wong in the episode Pinewood.
- Gotham: Unleashed (2016) [Theo Galavan]: Blows up when Drew Powell fires a bazooka at him, while Ben McKenzie, David Mazouz, Robin Lord Taylor and Sean Pertwee look on.
- Orphan Black (2013 series) : Guillotines Decide (2017) [Ferdinand Chevalier]: Shot by Maria Doyle Kennedy, who he shoots at the same time; both shots are fatal.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.