The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
James Cosmo (1948 - )
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- The Virgin Soldiers (1969) [Waller]: Shot in the head in the firefight after the Malay insurgents have derailed the train carrying the British troops. (Thanks to Brian)
- Highlander (1986) [Angus MacLeod]:
- Braveheart (1995) [Campbell]: Mortally wounded in the stomach by an English soldier with a battle axe at the Battle of Falkirk. He dies in a later scene talking to his son (Brendan Gleeson).
- To End All Wars (2001) [Lt. Col. Stuart McLean]: Shot in the head by Japanese soldiers.
- Troy (2004) [Glaucus]: Stabbed in the back by Sean Bean during the sack of Troy; compared to his character's mythological death, where he was killed by Ajax during a fight of the possession of Achilles' body.
- Citadel (2012) [Priest]: Beaten to death by a group of infected teenagers after he lures them away to give Aneurin Barnard and Jake Wilson a chance to escape.
- The Christmas Candle (2013) [Herbert Hopewell]: Dies of a heart attack while putting out a fire in the church, as Hans Matheson watches on in shock.
- Ben-Hur (2016) [Quintus]: Drowns after he falls into the ocean after Jack Huston hits James with his oar when he notices him hanging off the ship in battle.
- Dark Signal (2016) [Alan Keller]: Bludgeoned repeatedly with a pair of a bolt-cutters by Gareth David-Lloyd, as Joanna Ignaczewska watches in horror.
- Project 12: The Bunker (2016) [Brian Balanowsky]: Sacrifices himself by detonating dynamite, as the whole building begins to crumbles.
- Wonder Woman (2017) [Field Marshall Haig]: Dies (off-screen) in the space of time between the 1918 scenes and the modern day framing scenes.
- In Darkness (2018) [Niall]: Dies from unspecified illness (off-screen); his death is revealed when Natalie Dormer is informed during a phone call.
- The Hole in the Ground (2019) [Des Brady]:
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Treasure Island (1990 TV) [Tom Redruth]: Shot in the chest during a gunfight with Charlton Heston's gang of pirates, he dies shortly afterward while talking to Richard Johnson.
- The Colour of Magic (Terry Pratchett's The Colour of Magic) (2008 mini-series) [Galder Weatherwax]: Pushed off of the top of the University tower by Tim Curry.
- Sons of Anarchy: Bainne (2010) [Father Kellen Asby]: While we don't see his death this episode after Titus Welliver takes him as a hostage, it is revelaed later that Titus did in fact kill him.
- Game of Thrones: And Now His Watch Has Ended (2013) [Lord Commander Jeor Mormont]: Stabbed in the back by Luke Barnes during a Nightwatch mutiny at Craster's Keep; he remains alive long enough to try and strangle Luke before finally succumbing to his injury, whereupon Luke stabs him several more times in the throat for good measure.
- Death in Paradise: Murder on the Plantation (2013) [Roger Seymour]: Stabbed in the back with a machete by David Ajala.
- The Name Of The Rose (Miniseries) (2019) [Jorge Da Burgos]: Burnt to death when he sets fire to the books in the labyrinthine library. (Thanks to Brian)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.