James Caan (1940 - )
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Lady in a Cage (1964) [Randall Simpson O'Connell]: Run over by a car when he runs into the street after being blinded by Olivia de Havilland.
- Games (1967) [Paul Montgomery]: Poisoned by Simone Signoret when he drinks a toast with her to celebrate the success of their plan.
- The Rain People (1969) [Jimmy 'Killer' Kilgannon]: Shot to death by Marya Zimmet while James is fighting Robert Duvall.
- Brian's Song (1971) [Brian Piccolo]: Dies of cancer.
- The Godfather (1972) [Sonny Corleone]: Killed by machine gun fire from rival gangsters at a tollbooth. Gianni Russo was involved in his death as an act of revenge.
- Kiss Me Goodbye (1982) [Jolly Villano]: Falls to his death down a staircase at a party; he appears as a ghost throughout the movie, and his death is shown in a flashback.
- Dick Tracy (1990) [Spud Spaldoni]: Killed, along with his men, in an explosion by a car bomb planted by Al Pacino's men, after James leaves the meeting of all the gangsters.
- Flesh and Bone (1993) [Roy Sweeney]: Shot in the chest by Dennis Quaid at the head of the staircase in the abandoned farmhouse; he then falls down the stairs.
- Bulletproof (1996) [Frank Colton]: Shot in the head by Adam Sandler during James' fight with Damon Wayans.
- Eraser (1996) [US Marshal Robert Deguerin]: Killed in an explosion on being locked inside a limousine on a level crossing, along with Gerry Becker and Andy Romano, by Robert Pastorelli to be hit by a speeding freight train, as Arnold Schwarzenegger looks on.
- North Star (Tashunga) (1996) [Sean McLennon]: Stabbed in the back by Christopher Lambert just as James is about to stab Catherine McCormack.
- City of Ghosts (2002) [Marvin]: Shot during a shoot-out; he dies shortly afterwards while talking to Matt Dillon. His body is later seen when placed on a makeshift funeral pyre which is then set adrift into the ocean.
- Santa's Slay (2005) [Darren Mason]: Choked to death when Bill Goldberg shoves a turkey leg in his mouth, then knocks him face-forward onto the table after pinning James' hands to the table with silverware. (Played for comic effect.)
- Blood Ties (2013) [Leon]: Dies of lung cancer off-screen; we learn of his death when his body is shown in bed when Clive Owen comes to see him while Billy Crudup and Lili Taylor are also in the room.
- The Good Neighbor (2016) [Harold Grainey]: Commits suicide by shooting himself in the head.
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Combat!: Anatomy of a Patrol (1963) [Sergeant Beckman]: Killed during a battle. (Thanks to Tom)
- Wagon Train: The Echo Pass Story (1965) [Paul]: After being knocked unconsious from behind by Robert Fuller as James was holding a gun on Jack Lord and Diane Brewster James is pushed from the ledge on the edge of a cliff by Jack.
- The Simpsons: All's Fair in Oven War (2004; animated) [James Caan]: Killed with full automatic fire by Hank Azaria and his friends at a tollbooth, in a parody of James' death scene from The Godfather.
- Magic City: The Sins of the Father (2013) [Sy Berman] Dies via car bomb when he starts his cars ignition.
Video Game Deaths[edit | edit source]
- The Godfather: The Game (2006) [Sonny Corleone]: Killed by machine gun fire by rival gangsters at a tollbooth. His body is then discovered by Andrew Pifko. (See also James' death in the film version.)
Notable Connections[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.