Jackie Brown (1997)
Directed: Quentin Tarantino
A middle-aged woman (Pam Grier) finds herself in the middle of a huge conflict that will either make her a profit or cost her life.
- Bridget Fonda (Melanie Ralston)
- The Casting Director's name is Jaki Brown.
- Samuel L. Jackson named this as his favorite Quentin Tarantino film.
- Michael Keaton reprises his role as Ray Nicolette in Out of Sight (1998), also based on a novel by Elmore Leonard.
- Sylvester Stallone originally wanted to play Louis, while John Travolta was the first choice to play Ray Nicollete.
- Quentin Tarantino met Robert Forster in a restaurant and handed him the script, saying "You're going to do this, and that's all there is to it". Forster was naturally thrilled, having had a major career slump. This film saw him come back in a big way, even landing an Oscar nomination.
- When Robert De Niro first got a hold of the script, he wanted to play the role of Max Cherry. Quentin Tarantino wanted to work with De Niro, but had his heart set on Robert Forster as Cherry, so he gave the role of Louis to De Niro.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.