Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
Jack Nicholson (1937 - )
- Back Door to Hell (1964) [Burnett]: Shot to death by Japanese soldiers while manning the captured Japanese radio station. His comrades realize he's permanently dead after examining his body moments later.
- The Shooting (1966) [Billy Spear]: Likely dies from heat exhaustion (off screen), on top of having been gravely injured by Warren Oates; the film ends with Nicholson staggering around in the desert, so his death is only implied.
- Easy Rider (1969) [George Hanson]: Beaten to death in his sleep by a group of rednecks while camping in the woods with Dennis Hopper and Peter Fonda.
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) [Randle Patrick McMurphy]: Smothered with a pillow by Will Sampson, as a mercy killing after Jack has been lobotomized.
- The Passenger (1975) [David Locke]: Implied to be killed by a government agent, with his body shown lying in his hotel room afterwards.
- The Shining (1980) [Jack Torrance]: When Jack chases Danny Lloyd into a hedge maze at the Overlook Hotel with the intent of killing him, he becomes lost after Danny escapes where he freezes to death.
- Batman (1989) [Jack Napier a.k.a The Joker]: Falls to his death after the gargoyle statuette attached to his leg by Michael Keaton's grappling hook breaks loose from its moorings, causing Jack to lose his grip on a helicopter rope ladder and plummet to the ground at the bottom of the church tower. As vengeance for killing Michael's parents, his ever-grinning body is shown eerily lying in the shattered pavement below (with Pat Hingle going through his pockets to find the source of the laughing).
- Mars Attacks! (1996) [President James Dale/Art Land]: In a dual role, Jack manages to die twice; in the role of the President, he is impaled through the back by a metal rod (attached to a spider-like mechanical hand) after a pretended peace negotiation with the Martians (a Martian flag emerges from a pole in the metal rod), and as Art Land, he is crushed underneath a giant globe during the Martians' attack on Las Vegas.
- The Departed (2006) [Frank Costello]: Shot multiple times in the chest and stomach (during a shootout) by Matt Damon (causing Jack to fall back into a mechanical digger). (See also Eric Tsang in the 2002 version.)
- The Bucket List (2007) [Edward Cole]: Dies (off-screen) of cancer, with his cremated ashes being placed alongside Morgan Freeman's in a coffee can overlooking Mount Everest by Sean Hayes.