Jack Black (1969 - )
Frontman of the comedy/rock band Tenacious D
a.k.a. Thomas Jacob Black
- Waterworld (1995) [Pilot]: Either killed by Kevin Costner when he invades the smoker`s boat, or he dies from the explosion when Kevin Costner drops the flair into the oil pit. (They never really show him die but it`s assumable that all of the smokers die at the end of the film.)
- Mars Attacks! (1996) [Billy Glenn Norris]: Disintegrated/burned with a ray-gun by a Martian, after he makes a futile attack and then immediately surrenders. (Played for comic effect.)
- The Jackal (1997) [Ian Lamont]: Machine-gunned by Bruce Willis in the woods, after Bruce shoots off Jack's arm while testing his new gun.
- I Still Know What You Did Last Summer (1998) [Titus Telesco]: Stabbed in the chest with garden shears by Muse Watson (after using his hook to pin his hand to a table). His body is later seen when Mekhi Phifer and Matthew Settle discover him, then again in a subterranean room along with all of Muse and Matthew's victims.
- Goosebumps (2015) [R.L. Stine/Slappy The Dummy/The Invisible Boy]: Playing a triple role, Slappy is sucked into a manuscripts along with every monster from it. (R.L. Stine and The Invisible Boy survive the movie.)
- Kung Fu Panda 3 (2016; animated) [Po the Panda]: Providing the voice of a panda, commits suicide by performing the Wushi Finger Hold on himself in order to bring Kai (voiced by J.K. Simmons) back to the Spirit Realm to defeat him. He later comes back from the Spirit Realm through the power of Chi.
- Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017) [Professor Shelly Oberon]: Playing Madison Iseman's video game avatar, Jack dies twice: (1) Eaten by a hippopotamus, as Dwayne Johnson/Alex Wolff, Kevin Hart/Ser'Darius Blain and Karen Gillan/Morgan Turner look on in shock; Jack respawns out of the sky shortly afterwards. (2) Sacrifices a video game "life" by giving CPR to Nick Jonas, giving him a life in exchange.
- The X-Files: DPO (1995) [Bart 'Zero' Liquori]: Electrocuted when Giovanni Ribisi hurls a bolt of lightning at him (his body is later seen when Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny find him slumped in an elevator).
- 2008 MTV Movie Awards (2008) [Jack Black]: Head explodes when Robert Downey Jr. and Ben Stiller detonate a bomb in Jack's brain, as a promotion for Tropic Thunder. (Played for comic effect.)
- Great Minds with Dan Harmon: Ludwig van Beethoven (2016) [Ludwig van Beethoven Clone]: Under goes total protoplasmic disconversion and turns to dust.
Deaths in Music Video
- "Wonderboy (2001) (Tenacious D music video): Stabbed with his own sword (off-screen) by the Hydra; he dies shortly after emerging from the Hydra's cave. (Played for comic effect.)