It Comes at Night (2017)
Written and directed by Trey Edward Shults
Secure within a desolate home as an unnatural threat terrorizes the world, a man (Joel Edgerton) has established a tenuous domestic order with his wife (Carmen Ejogo) and son (Kelvin Harrison Jr.), but this will soon be put to test when a desperate young family arrives seeking refuge.
- Christopher Abbott [Will]
- Joel Edgerton [Paul] (implied)
- Kelvin Harrison Jr. [Travis]
- Griffin Robert Faulkner [Andrew]
- David Pendleton [Bud]
- Chase Joliet [First Man]
- Mick O'Rourke [Second Man]
- The painting featured in the movie at the beginning is titled "The Triumph of Death".
- The movie premiered at the 2017 Overlook Film Festival.
- The title of the movie is inspired on the quote of First Thessalonians 5:2, which says "the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night".
- When shooting the scene where Paul interrogates Will, the boom operator had to sit in a tree for half the day to record the audio correctly.