Iron Man (2008)
Director: Jon Favreau
A billionaire industrialist and genius inventor, Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.), is conducting weapons tests overseas, but terrorists kidnap him to force him to build a devastating weapon. Instead, he builds an armored suit and upends his captors. Returning to America, Stark refines the suit and uses it to combat crime and terrorism.
- Ahmed Ahmed [Ahmed]
- Sayed Badreya [Abu Bakar]
- Jeff Bridges [Obadiah Stane/Iron Monger]
- Fahim Fazli [Omar]
- Kevin Foster [Airman Jimmy]
- Garret Noel [Airman 1/c Pratt]
- Gerard Sanders [Howard Stark]
- Faran Tahir [Raza]
- Shaun Toub [Ho Yinsen]
- Eileen Weisinger [Senior Airman Ramirez]
- This is Marvel Studios' first self-financed movie.
- To prepare for his role as Iron Man, Robert Downey Jr. spent five days a week weight training and practiced martial arts to get into shape.
- Gwyneth Paltrow based her performance on 1940s heroines (who she claimed were sexy, witty, and innocent all at once).
- Jeff Bridges said he felt really uncomfortable not having a script or rehearsals, since normally he is very prepared, and knows his lines to the "T". But realizing it was like he was in a "two hundred million dollar student film" took the pressure off of him, and made it fun.
- Paul Bettany has never seen the film, and is unfamiliar with the plot. He said J.A.R.V.I.S. was the easiest job ever, and it was almost like a robbery, since he only worked for two hours, got paid a lot of money, then went on vacation with his wife (Jennifer Connelly).
- Agent Phil Coulson, played by Clark Gregg, was originally a much smaller part. In fact, the character at first was only called "Agent", and as filming went on, and it became apparent with Clark Gregg's chemistry with all the other cast members, they added more and more scenes.