The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Ida Lupino (1918 - 1995)
Film Deaths:[edit | edit source]
- The Hard Way (1943) [Mrs. Helen Chernen]: Commits suicide by jumping off of a bridge into the river in the opening scene; she is taken to the hospital, then the rest of the movie shows a flashback of her life leading up to the attempt, and she dies at the end of the flashback. (Thanks to Adam)
- Devotion (1946) [Emily Bronte]: Dies of tuberculosis/pneumonia, with her sister (Olivia de Havilland) by her bedside.
- Lust for Gold (For Those Who Dare) (1949) [Julia Thomas]: Killed in a rockslide when an earthquake strikes the mountain, after Ida has knifed Gig Young in the back. (Thanks to Gordon)
- The Devil's Rain (1975) [Mrs. Preston]: Dissolved (along with the rest of the cult members) when the Devil's Rain is unleashed on them.
- The Food of the Gods (H.G. Wells' Food of the Gods) (1976) [Mrs. Skinner]: Bitten to death by a giant rat in her kitchen; she manages to kill the rat with a meat cleaver before dying. (Thanks to Johan)
Television Deaths:[edit | edit source]
- Columbo: Swan Song (1974) [Edna Brown]: Killed in a plane crash, along with Bonnie Van Dyke, after her husband (Johnny Cash) drugs them, then bails out of their private plane while they're unconscious.
- Ellery Queen: The Adventure of the Lover's Leap (1975) [Stephanie Talbott Kendrick]: Pushed (off-screen) from a balcony by her stepdaughter (Susan Strasberg). Her body is shown when Susan arrives at the house with Anne Francis kneeling beside her. (Thanks to Davy)
Notable Connections[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.