Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
Ian McDiarmid (1944 - )
- The Awakening (1980) [Dr. Richter] Pounded into a needle by Stephanie Zimbalist that impales his heart.
- Dragonslayer (1981) [Brother Jacopus]: Burned to death by the dragon's breath.
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (1983) [Emperor Palpatine a.k.a. Darth Sidious]: Explodes from being thrown down a long shaft into a live reactor on the Death Star by Darth Vader (David Prowse/James Earl Jones), while Ian unleashes a barrage of energy. (He reappears in Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker, having been brought back to life via cloning, as according to the novelization)
- Sleepy Hollow (1999) [Dr. Thomas Lancaster]: Bludgeoned to death with a wooden cross by Jeffrey Jones in the church. (as Michael Gambon holds him and Jeffrey at gunpoint and Ian tries to reason with Michael), His body is seen later on when the camera moves across the hallway through the church.
- The Lost City of Z (2016) [Sir George Goldie]: Dies (off-screen) during the passing of time after his final scene; his death is mentioned to Charlie Hunnam.
- Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (2019) [Emperor Palpatine a.k.a. Darth Sidious]: Vaporized by Daisy Ridley when she uses Mark Hamill's and Carrie Fisher's lightsabers to deflect his own Force lightning back at him.