Ian McDiarmid (1944 - )
- Dragonslayer (1981) [Brother Jacopus]: Burned to death by the dragon's breath.
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (1983) [Emperor Palpatine a.k.a. Darth Sidious]: Explodes from being thrown down a long shaft into a live reactor on the Death Star by Darth Vader (David Prowse/James Earl Jones), while Ian unleashes a barrage of energy. (He reappears for unexplained causes in Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker; however, this was fully intended by George Lucas to be his true death, and The Rise of Skywalker, in addition to being unpopular, has continuity issues regarding the Death Star.)
- Sleepy Hollow (1999) [Dr. Thomas Lancaster]: Bludgeoned to death with a wooden cross by Jeffrey Jones in the church. (as Michael Gambon holds him and Jeffrey at gunpoint and Ian tries to reason with Michael).
- The Lost City of Z (2016) [Sir George Goldie]: Dies (off-screen) during the passing of time after his final scene; his death is mentioned to Charlie Hunnam.
- Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (2019) [Emperor Palpatine]: Vaporized by Daisy Ridley when she uses Anakin's and Carrie Fisher 's lightsabers to reflect his own Force lightning back into him.
TV Deaths Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.