Ian McDiarmid (1944 - )
- Dragonslayer (1981) [Brother Jacopus]: Burned to death by the dragon's breath.
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (1983) [Emperor Palpatine a.k.a. Darth Sidious]: Explodes from being thrown down a long shaft into a live reactor on the Death Star by Darth Vader (David Prowse/James Earl Jones), while Ian unleashes a barrage of energy. (He reappears in Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker, having been brought back to life via cloning, as according to the novelization)
- Sleepy Hollow (1999) [Dr. Thomas Lancaster]: Bludgeoned to death with a wooden cross by Jeffrey Jones in the church. (as Michael Gambon holds him and Jeffrey at gunpoint and Ian tries to reason with Michael).
- The Lost City of Z (2016) [Sir George Goldie]: Dies (off-screen) during the passing of time after his final scene; his death is mentioned to Charlie Hunnam.
- Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (2019) [Emperor Palpatine]: Vaporized by Daisy Ridley when she uses Mark Hamill's and Carrie Fisher's lightsabers to deflect his own Force lightning back at him.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.