Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
Hugh O'Brian (1925 - 2016)
Deaths in Film
- Rocketship X-M (1950) [Harry Chamberlain]: Killed in an explosion (along with Lloyd Bridges and Osa Massen) when their spaceship crashes to Earth during re-entry.
- The Return of Jesse James (1950) [Lem Younger]: Shot in a shootout with the townspeople. He later dies after riding back with Henry Hull.
- Vengeance Valley (1951) [Dick Fasken]: Shot in the chest in a shoot-out with Burt Lancaster when Hugh emerges from behind a rock to run to the other side (shown from a distance).
- Cave Of Outlaws (1951) [Garth]: Shot dead by Edgar Buchanan who is helping the injured Macdonald Carey out of the cavern. (Thanks to Brian)
- The Cimarron Kid (1952) [Red Buck]: Shot to death by Audie Murphy as Hugh tries to pull Yvette Dugay off of a horse. (Thanks to Brian)
- The Raiders (Riders Of Vengeance) (1952) [Hank Purvis]: Shot by Gregg Palmer as he tries to escape being lynched. (Thanks to Brian)
- The Stand At Apache River (1953) [Tom Kenyon] Burns to death, along with Jaclynne Greene, when the apaches set fire to the barn in which they are hiding. (Thanks to Brian)
- Drums Across The River (1954) [Morgan]:Throws a gun down behind the unarmed Audie Murphy who has a whip around his shoulder, he turns and uncoils the whip, flays O'Brian across the eyes and before he can draw his gun, Murphy picks up the thrown gun and shoots him (Thanks to Brian)
- Saskatchewan (1954) [Smith]: Shot (I forget by whom) when hugh pulls a gun on Alan Ladd.
- White Feather (1955) [American Horse]: Shot to death by Eduard Franz after Hugh violates the tribe's code of honor by firing first during a stand-off with the cavalry. (Thanks to Brian)
- In Harm's Way (1965) [Liz Eddington's Lover]: Killed in a car crash (along with Barbara Bouchet), when a truck comes around the corner and they swerve off the road.
- Ambush Bay (1966) [Sgt. Steve Corey]: Shot to death by Japanese soldiers as he was trying to hold them off with a machine gun as James Mitchum was detonating water mines from the radio tower.
- Killer Force (1976) [Lewis]: Shot to death in a shoot-out with Telly Savalas' men in the desert. (Thanks to Michael)
- The Shootist (1976) [Jack Pulford]: Shot in the forehead in a shoot-out with John Wayne, after John see's Hugh's reflection (on a glass) that he is sneaking up on him. (Thanks to Fred)
- Game of Death (1978) [Steiner]: Neck snapped at the end of a fight with Tai Chung Kim (who was the body double of Bruce Lee in this film).
Deaths in Television
- Perry Mason: The Case of the Two-Faced Turn-a-bout (1963) [Bruce Jason / Conrad Bucola]: "Conrad Bucola" is strangled (off-screen) by Trevor Bardette, who later throws his body overboard. We learn of Conrad's death when "Bruce Jason" pretends to be Conrad and uses Werner Klemperer to get a confession out of Trevor for the murder of Charles H. Radilak. (Bruce survives the episode).
- Murder, She Wrote: A Body to Die For (1990) [Fred Keppard]: Shot in the chest (off-screen) by James Olson from outside Julie Adams' house, mistaking him for Jason Beghe. His body is shown afterwards when Julie discovers him in her bedroom, and the events of the murder is shown in a flashback only showing James outside.