Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
Hugh Grant (1960 - )
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Privileged (1982) [Lord Adrian]: Killed by an unknown assailant.
- The Remains of the Day (1993) [Reginald Cardinal]: Killed (off-screen) in action during World War II, his death is mentioned by Anthony Hopkins in a conversation with Emma Thompson.
- The Bengali Night (1988) [Allan]: Killed by an assassin.
- American Dreamz (2006) [Martin Tweed]: Killed in an explosion (along with Chris Klein) when Chris accidentally triggers the detonator after walking into a camera manned by Grant at the same time as Hugh moves in closer. (Played for comic effect.)
- Cloud Atlas (2012) [Reverend Giles Horrox/Hotel Heavy/Lloyd Hooks/Denholm Cavendish/Seer Rhee/Kona Chief]: Playing multiple roles in the various segments of the film, "Seer Rhee" dies (off screen) of a drug overdose; his body is seen when Doona Bae discovers Jim Sturgess kneeling over it. The "Kona Chief" is slashed across the throat by Tom Hanks after Tom catches him sleeping in his house in the aftermath of the Kona attack on the village. Grant's other roles survive their stories, though it's likely that they die of old age/natural causes over the course of the decades between each plot. (Grant is in heavy make-up for several of these roles.)
- Florence Foster Jenkins (2016) [St Clair Bayfield]: Dies (off-screen) in 1967, many years after the film ends; his death is told in the closing text.
- The Gentlemen (2020) [Fletcher]:While still alive at the end of the film, it's highly implied that he's going to be killed by Charlie Hunnam for his actions throughout the film.
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Doctor Who: Doctor Who and the Curse of the Fatal Death (1999) [The Twelfth Doctor]: Mortally wounded after being shot with pure zactronic energy while trying to fix the Dalek's machine; he regenerates into a very new form (Joanna Lumley) (Played for comic effect).
- A Very English Scandal (2018 mini-series) [Jeremy Thorpe]: Dies (off-screen) of Parkinson's Disease, many years after the story ends; his death is mentioned in the closing text.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.