Henry Fonda (1905 - 1982)
- You Only Live Once (1937) [Eddie Taylor]: Shot in the back by police just as Sylvia Sidney dies in his arms.
- The Fugitive (1947) [A Fugitive]: Executed by a firing squad.
- Fort Apache (1948) [Lt. Col. Owen Thursday]: Killed in combat with Apache warriors.
- Mister Roberts (1955) [Lt. Douglas A. Roberts]: Killed in combat (off-screen); we later hear of his death when Jack Lemmon reads a telegram to his shipmates informing them of Henry's demise.
- Firecreek (1968) [Bob Larkin]: Shot to death by Inger Stevens just as Henry is about to shoot James Stewart.
- Once Upon a Time in the West (1968) [Frank]: Shot in the chest during a showdown with Charles Bronson.
- Sometimes a Great Notion (1971) [Henry Stamper]: Mortally wounded when a tree falls on him, leading to the amputation of his right arm; Henry dies in the hospital while talking to his son, Paul Newman.
- The Swarm (1978) [Dr. Walter Krim]: Commits suicide by injecting himself with an experimental antidote to the bees' venom.
- Captains and the Kings (1976 mini-series) [Senator Enfield Bassett]: Commits suicide in his hotel room (off-screen) via methods unknown. His body is shown (covered by a sheet) being carried out on a stretcher as Richard Jordan pulls up to the hotel.
- Ex-husband of Aldera Franchetti.
- Ex-husband of Margaret Sullavan.
- Husband of Shirlee Fonda.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.