A.K.A. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (U.K.)
Director: Chris Columbus
- Terence Bayler (Bloody Baron)
- Richard Bremmer (Lord Voldemort)
- John Cleese (Nearly Headless Nick)
- Simon Fisher-Becker (The Fat Friar)
- Ian Hart (Professor Quirrell)
- Rik Mayall (Peeves) (deleted scene)
- Adrian Rawlins (James Potter I)
- Throughout the Harry Potter franchise, Daniel Radcliffe went through one hundred sixty pairs of glasses.
- Robbie Coltrane's 6'10" body double for Hagrid is former England rugby international, Martin Bayfield.
- Alan Rickman was hand picked to play Snape by J.K. Rowling, and received special instruction from her as to his character. Rowling even provided him with vital details of Snape's backstory, not revealed until the final novel.
- Sir Richard Harris had trouble remembering his lines, and Daniel Radcliffe would ask him to help with running his lines, just to give Richard more practice.
- The child actors and actresses would do their actual schoolwork in the movie, to make the school setting more real.
- David Thewlis, who later played Professor Lupin in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004), was considered for the role of Professor Quirrell.
- As his audition, Rupert Grint sent a video of himself rapping while explaining why he wanted the part of Ron.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.