Hal Holbrook (1925 - )
Deaths in FilmEdit
- Wild in the Streets (1968) [Senator Johnny Fergus]: Commits suicide by hanging himself; his body is shown afterwards when Millie Perkins discovers him. (Thanks to Mac)
- They Only Kill Their Masters (1972) [Watkins]: Shot in the back by Harry Guardino as Hal tries to escape.
- Magnum Force (1973) [Lieutenant Neil Briggs]: Killed in an explosion/burned to death when he drives off in Clint Eastwood's car, after Clint had activated the mail bomb that had been meant for him.
- Natural Enemies (1979) [Paul Steward]: Guns down his wife and kids, then commits suicide (all off-screen).
- The Fog (1980) [Father Robert Malone]: Decapitated (off-screen) with a sword by Blake (Rob Bottin), leader of the leper pirates' ghosts. (Thanks to Bryan)
- Fletch Lives (1989) [Ham Johnson]: Shot in the chest by Cleavon Little after Hal pulls his own gun in the middle of R. Lee Ermey's television broadcast.
- Killshot (2008) [Papa]: Shot in the face by Mickey Rourke while Hal is lying on the bed. (Thanks to Arben)
Deaths in TelevisionEdit
- Sandburg's Lincoln (1974-76) [Abraham Lincoln]: Assassinated off-screen. We only see the on-screen text at the end informing of his death. He also has a dream earlier in the series, showing his own funeral.
- North and South, Book II: Episode 6 (1986) [Abraham Lincoln]: Assassinated (off-screen), we learn of his assassination when a soldier tells James Read when he is visiting Patrick Swayze at a Union hospital.
- Designing Women: The Big Circle (1991) [Reese Watson]: Hal doesn't appear in this episode, but it's revealed that his character died of unspecified causes (Hal was last seen in the 1989 episode Nightmare from Hee Haw).
- The Outer Limits: Final Appeal (2000) [Justice Oliver Harbison]: Killed, along with everyone else in the courtroom, by a bomb detonated by Wallace Langham.
- Hawaii Five-0: Waimaka 'ele'ele (2017) [Leonard Patterson]: Killed when his granddaughter's (Lexi Atkins) car was hit Dylan Bruno's car.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.