Gottfried John (1942 - 2014)
- Mata Hari (1985) [Wolff]: Shot repeatedly in the chest in a shoot-out with police in the street.
- Wings of Fame (1990) [Zlatogorski]: Dies off-screen some time before the movie begins; he appears as a spirit in the afterlife throughout the film.
- Goldeneye (1995) [General Arkady Grigorovich Ourumov]: Shot in the chest with a machine-gun by Pierce Brosnan while Gottfried is holding Izabella Scorupco at gunpoint on the train.
- The Piano Tuner of Earthquakes (2005) [Dr. Emmanuel Droz]: Killed when an earthquake strikes his island; during the earthquake, an ant-like mandible erupts from his forehead and begins releasing spores, in a literalization of his earlier metaphor comparing madness to a fungal infection that affects ants. Due to the movie's surreal nature, it's ambiguous whether this is actually happening or is merely symbolic of his madness.
- Berlin Alexanderplatz (1980 TV mini-series) [Reinhold Hoffmann]: Shot repeatedly in the chest by Gunter Lamprecht in a dream/hallucination sequence; when Gunter looks down at the ground, Gottfried's body has been replaced by Barbara Valentin's. Gottfried survives the mini-series in reality.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.