Gone Girl (2014)
Director: David Fincher
With his wife's disappearance having become the focus of an intense media circus, a man sees the spotlight turned on him when it's suspected that he may not be innocent.
- Neil Patrick Harris (Desi Collings)
- Rosamund Pike (Amy Dunne) (Faked)
- Feature film debut of Carrie Coon.
- Rosamund Pike claimed that per David Fincher's request, she and Neil Patrick Harris spent two hours on set, completely alone, rehearsing their sex scene.
- Rosamund Pike told film critic Peter Travers that, whenever David Fincher would catch her on-set about to use her cell phone, he'd take a "stern face" selfie and send it to her causing her to instantly pocket her phone.
- Ben Affleck postponed directing Live By Night (2016) in order to work on this film with David Fincher, even stating, "He's the only director I've met who can do everybody else's job better than they could." On-set one day, Affleck changed the lens setting on a camera an almost indiscernible amount, betting a crew member that Fincher wouldn't notice. Affleck lost the bet as Fincher brought up, "Why does the camera look a little dim?"
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.