Gloria Grahame (1923 - 1981)
Film Deaths:[edit | edit source]
- Song of the Thin Man (1947) [Fran Ledue Page]: Stabbed in the back (off-screen) by Leon Ames in her apartment; her body is shown afterwards when William Powell and Myrna Loy discover her. (Thanks to Adam)
- The Bad and the Beautiful (1952) [Rosemary Bartlow]: Killed in a plane crash (off-screen), along with Gilbert Roland; we are informed of her death afterwards.
- Sudden Fear (1952) [Irene Neves]: Run over with a car by Jack Palance, who had mistaken her for Joan Crawford. We see Gloria screaming, then hear the sound of the crash from off-camera. (Thanks to PortsGuy)
- The Big Heat (1953) [Debby Marsh]: Shot twice in the back by Lee Marvin; she dies a short time afterwards while talking to Glenn Ford. (The left side of her face is badly scarred, but she dies with her 'good side' facing the camera.)
- Human Desire (1954) [Vicki Buckley]: Strangled by Broderick Crawford in their train compartment.
- Mama's Dirty Girls (1974) [Mama Love] Struck by a car driven by Paul Lambert as she continues to shoot at him.
- The Nesting (Massacre Mansion; Phobia) (1982) [Florinda Costello]: Beaten to death with a candlestick by a thug during a raid on her bordello, several years before the story begins. She appears as a ghost periodically throughout the movie, and the murder is shown in a flashback towards the end. (The movie was released a year after Gloria's actual death on October 5th, 1981).
TV Deaths:[edit | edit source]
- The Outer Limits: The Guests (1964) [Florinda Patten]: Rapidly ages to death (along with Vaughn Taylor and Nellie Burt) when the alien scientists return them to the timestream; the scene fades to black as Gloria screams. (Thanks to Stephen)
- Mannix: Duet for Three (1970) [Mae Darling]: Shot in the back (off-camera) by John Considine. She dies shortly after in the hospital while being questioned about John.
- Kojak: Sister Maria (1977) [Helen Rubicoff]: Shot dead in her apartment along with John Kellogg by Harold Gary. (Thanks to Brian).
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notable Connections:[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.