Glenn Close (1947 - )
- The World According to Garp (1982) [Jenny Fields]: Shot by an assassin at a political rally; her body is carried off by John Lithgow moments after the assassination before cutting straight to her funeral.
- Maxie (1985) [Jan/Maxie]: Playing a dual role as the 1920s starlet "Maxie" and her 1980s look-alike "Jan", "Maxie" dies in a car crash, but reappears as a ghost and occasionally takes over "Jan"'s body.
- Fatal Attraction (1987) [Alex Forrest]: Shot in the chest by Anne Archer when Glenn suddenly emerges from the bathtub after apparently being drowned by Michael Douglas. (Note: The US DVD and Blu-ray includes an alternate ending in which Glenn commits suicide by slitting her own throat, in order to frame Michael for her "murder".)
- Hamlet (1990) [Queen Gertrude]: Poisoned when she unknowingly drinks from a poisoned chalice which Alan Bates had intended for Mel Gibson.
- Hook (1991) [Gutless]: Playing a male role (complete with a beard), "he" is stung to death by scorpions after Dustin Hoffman has "him" thrown into the "Boo Box".
- The House of the Spirits (1993) [Ferula Trueba]: Dies (off-screen) of natural causes; her body is shown afterwards when Meryl Streep discovers her lying in bed the next morning.
- Mars Attacks! (1996) [First Lady Marsha Dale]: Crushed to death when a chandelier falls on her during Frank Welker's attack on the White House.
- The Stepford Wives (2004) [Claire Wellington]: Electrocuted when she kisses the severed head of the Christopher Walken robot.
- Albert Nobbs (2011) [Albert Nobbs]: Dies of a stroke after being injured in a fight with Aaron Taylor-Johnson.
- The Girl with All the Gifts (2016) [Dr. Caroline Caldwell]: Devoured by child "hungries" when they surround her as she chases after Sennia Nanua.
- What Happened To Monday (2017) [Nicolette Cayman]: Although Glenn dose not die in this film, it is mentioned that she is sentenced to death for having Noomi Rapace and thousands of children killed.
- Agatha Christie's Crooked House (2017) [Lady Edith]: Commits suicide/sacrifices herself by driving her car into a quarry (where it explodes), in order to kill Honor Kneafsey when she realizes Honor is a killer, as Max Irons and Stefanie Martini watch in shock in the car behind.
- The Simpsons: Mona Leaves-a (2008; animated) [Mona Simpson]: Dies (off-screen) of natural causes; her body is shown afterwards sitting in a chair when her son Homer (voiced by Dan Castellaneta) discovers her.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.