The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Director: Ridley Scott
Male Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Chick Allan
- Giorgio Cantarini [Maximus' Son]
- Russell Crowe [Maximus]
- Tony Curran [Assassin #1]
- Tommy Flanagan [Cicero]
- Gilly Gilchrist
- Richard Harris [Marcus Aurelius]
- Adam Levy
- Ralf Moeller [Hagen]
- Joaquin Phoenix [Commodus]
- Oliver Reed [Proximo]
- John Shrapnel
Female Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Giannina Facio-Scott [Maximus' Wife]
Trivia [edit | edit source]
- This was DreamWorks' first double-disc DVD.
- Hans Zimmer's score is one of the bestselling movie soundtracks of all time.
- Sir Richard Harris would frequently ignore any newly re-written scenes, as he couldn't be bothered to relearn his lines.
- Joaquin Phoenix ad-libbed his scream of "Am I not merciful?" Connie Nielsen wasn't expecting it, and her frightened reaction was genuine.
- The wounds on Russell Crowe's face after the opening battle scene are real, caused when his horse startled and backed him into tree branches. The stitches in his cheek are clearly visible when he is telling Commodus he intends to return home.
- Oliver Reed died three weeks before principal photography ended. Since he was considered a key character, a clause in the movie's insurance coverage would have allowed the filmmakers to re-shoot all of Reed's scenes with another actor, and the insurers would pay for it (an estimated twenty-five million dollars). However, most of the actors and crew were exhausted from the punishing schedule, and Ridley Scott did not want to cut Reed from the movie. The script was re-written, a body double and CGI were used to give Reed's character a plausible resolution.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.