Gillian Anderson (1968 - )
- The House of Mirth (2000) [Lily Bart]: Commits suicide by taking an overdose of laudanum in her bedroom; her body is shown again afterwards when Eric Stoltz comes in. (See also Geraldine Chaplin in the 1981 version.) (Thanks to El Kabong and PortsGuy)
- The X-Files: How the Ghosts Stole Christmas (1998) [Dana Scully]: Shot in the stomach by David Duchovny, whom she shoots in turn, as the result of a scheme by the ghosts of Ed Asner and Lily Tomlin; at the moment of their deaths, they are brought back to life as if nothing had happened. (Thanks to TravelingMan)
- The X-Files: Tithonus (1999) [Dana Scully]: Bleeds to death after accidentally being shot by Richard Ruccolo; she is brought back to life at the moment of death when Geoffrey Lewis "looks into the face of Death" for her, taking her death for himself. (Thanks to TravelingMan)
- The X-Files: Monday (1999) [Dana Scully]: Killed in an explosion (along with David Duchovny and several other bank customers) when a bomb goes off during a bank robbery; the day repeats several times until the explosion is finally prevented. (Thanks to PortsGuy)
- Bleak House (2005; miniseries) [Lady Dedlock]: Dies of exposure outside the gates of a cemetery. (Thanks to Anonymous)
- Great Expectations (2011 mini-series) [Miss Havisham]: Accidentally burned when she sets fire to her dress while burning some letters. (Thanks to Brian)
- Hannibal: The Wrath of the Lamb (2015) [Bedelia Du Maurier]: Possibly cannibalized by Mads Mikkelsen and Hugh Dancy ; a post-credits scene shows Gillian waiting at a table set for three, where her own severed leg is about to be served for dinner. However, as the series ended with this episode, the scene (and the status of Mads and Hugh) remains ambiguous.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.