George C. Scott (1927 - 1999)
- Dr. Strangelove: Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964) [General Buck Turgidson]: Killed in a nuclear holocaust (along with everybody else in the world) when the Soviets' Doomsday device is activated.
- Rage (1972) [Dan Logan]: Poisoned by exposure to nerve gas and dies from its lingering effects.
- The New Centurions (1973) [Andy Kilvinski]: Commits suicide by shooting himself.
- The Hindenburg (1975) [Colonel Franz Ritter]: Killed in the explosion, while attempting to disarm the bomb planted by William Atherton. We only see a glimpse of the reaction on George's face, along with Roy Thinnes (who survives the film) being blown away in the foreground.
- Islands in the Stream (1977) [Thomas Hudson]: Shot to death by Cuban sailors while helping to smuggle WWII refugees into Havana.
- Movie Movie (1978) [Gloves Malloy/Spats Baxter]: Playing a dual role in the two stories, "Gloves" is shot to death by gangsters; "Spats" dies of a terminal illness while backstage at the theatre.
- Taps (1981) [General Harlan Bache]: Dies (off-screen) of a heart attack; we learn of his death afterwards when Ronny Cox informs Timothy Hutton.
- Firestarter (1984) [John Rainbird]: Burned to death in an explosion when Drew Barrymore uses her powers to ignite a bullet in midair after George fires it at her. (Note: the 2002 sequel Firestarter 2: Rekindled revealed that the character, now played by Malcolm McDowell, had survived the explosion, but it's clear the original novel and film intended this as a death scene.)
- The Rescuers Down Under (1990; animated) [Percival C. McLeach]: Falls to his death over a waterfall, after swimming away from crocodiles, while Cody (voiced by Adam Ryen) is held onto a rope by Bernard (voiced by Bob Newhart), and when Miss Bianca (voiced by Eva Gabor) tries to get out of a locked cage when Jake (voiced by Tristan Rogers) tries to unlock the lock.
- Angus (1995) [Grandpa Ivan Bethune]: Dies of natural causes, with Charlie Talbert by his side.
- The Crucible (1967 TV) [John Proctor]: Executed by hanging. (See Daniel Day-Lewis in the 1996 version.)
- Oliver Twist (1982 TV) [Fagin]: Executed (off-screen) by hanging.
- A Christmas Carol (1984 TV) [Ebenezer Scrooge]: Is shown a vision of the future after his death from unspecified causes; this future is undone after George changes his ways. (See Patrick Stewart in the 1999 version.)
- Mussolini: The Untold Story (1985) [Benito Mussolini]: Executed, along with Virginia Madsen, by a firing squad of partisans; their bodies are then hanged upside-down in the square.
- The Last Days of Patton (1986) [General George S. Patton]: Dies of injuries from a car accident.
- Titanic (1996 TV) [Captain Edward J. Smith]: Drowned (off-screen) in the sinking of the Titanic; he is last seen on the bridge before the ship starts to sink. (Note: This is not the James Cameron film Titanic, but a TV-movie filmed at the same time and released before Cameron's film.)
- Ex-Mr. Carolyn Hughes.
- Ex-Mr. Patricia Reed.
- Ex-Mr. Colleen Dewhurst (divorced, remarried, divorced again).
- Mr. Trish Van Devere.
- Father of Devon Scott and Campbell Scott.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.