Geoffrey Rush (1951 - )
- Les Miserables (1998) [Javert]: Commits suicide by drowning himself in the river; we see him jumping in after handcuffing himself.
- House on Haunted Hill (1999) [Stephen H. Price]: Rapidly decomposes and shatters after a supernatural force comprised of all the patients' souls consumes him (he later appears as a ghost along with Famke Janssen being tortured by the spirit patients).
- Mystery Men (1999) [Casanova Frankenstein]: Falls into his own Psycho-frakulator machine after being thrown over a balcony by Ben Stiller following a fight, where his body is distorted beyond recognition and then finally disintegrated.
- Quills (2000) [The Marquis de Sade]: Commits suicide by choking himself when he swallow Joaquin Phoenix's crucifix in his cell. (This bears no resemblance to the actual historic facts of the Marquis de Sade's death.)
- Frida (2002) [Leon Trotsky]: Killed (off-camera) with a pick-axe by Antonio Zavala in Geoffrey's study; we only see blood splash onto the page that Geoffrey is writing.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003) [Captain Hector Barbossa]: Shot in the chest by Johnny Depp in the pirates' cave; he dies shortly afterwards when Orlando Bloom lifts the curse and removes Geoffrey's immortality while the bullet is still in his chest. (He was brought back to life in the sequel Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006).) (Thanks to Betty)
- Candy (2006) [Caspar]: Dies of a heroin overdose after saying goodbye to Heath Ledger; his body is later seen when Heath returns to find he has died and sits beside him
- Elizabeth: The Golden Age (2007) [Sir Francis Walsingham]: Dies of sickness in bed with Cate Blanchett by his side.
- The Book Thief (2013) [Hans Hubermann]: Dies (along with Emily Watson, Nico Liersch and his family) when his house is hit during a bombing run. His body is later seen (along with Emily) when Sophie Nélisse sees them being carried out of the rubble as she tries to keep a dying Nico alive.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge) (2017) [Captain Hector Barbossa]: Sacrifices himself by letting go of the anchor he's hanging from, falling to his death so that he can kill Javier Bardem and save his daughter (Kaya Scodelario).
- The Life and Death of Peter Sellers (2004 TV) [Peter Sellers]: Dies (off-screen) of a heart attack, several years after the final scene; his death is mentioned in the on-screen text at the end of the movie. (There is also a dream sequence where Rush as Sellers and several of his characters are killed in a nuclear explosion). (Thanks to Tommy)