Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
Gene Hackman (1930 - )
- Bonnie and Clyde (1967) [Buck Barrow]: Fatally wounded in a shoot-out with police; he dies after staggering around blindly in the woods (in reality, Buck died from pneumonia in the hospital after this injury). (Thanks to Mark)
- Riot (1969) [Walter Goodseal]: Gets his throat cut by Ben Carruthers while escaping the prison, with Jim Brown. He dies on top of the wall.
- The Hunting Party (1971) [Brandt Ruger]: Lets himself die from dehydration after accidentally shooting Candice Bergen (his wife).
- The Poseidon Adventure (1972) [Reverend Frank Scott]: Falls to his death into a fire, after opening a valve to let the other survivors escape (as his hands are too burnt to swing back). (Thanks to Mark)
- Prime Cut (1972) [Mary Ann]: Machine-gunned by Lee Marvin in a shoot-out in a barn; he falls from the hayloft into the pigpen, and dies a short time later while talking to Lee.
- March or Die (1977) [Major William Sherman Foster]: Shot to death in combat with the Arab forces. (Thanks to Gary)
- Under Fire (1983) [Alex Grazier]: Shot repeatedly by a military hit squad (as Nick Nolte secretly photographs it in shock) who then makes it look like a terrorist assassination in order to frame the POET Rebels (photos of his death are later shown while broadcast on TV). (Gene's movie death was inspired by the real life assassinations of Bill Stewart and his translator Juan Espinoza.)
- Eureka (1984) [Jack McCann]: Burned to death with a blowtorch in his bedroom by one of Mickey Rourke's thugs, after being bludgeoned by Joe Spinell.
- Superman IV: The Quest for Peace (1987) [Lex Luthor/ voice of nucelar man]: As the (dubbed) voice of Mark Pillow he is destroyed by being deposited into the core of the nuclear power plant at the end of a fight with Christopher Reeve. 'Lex Luthor' survives the movie.
- Unforgiven (1992) [Sheriff 'Little' Bill Daggett]: Shot in the face with a rifle by Clint Eastwood in the saloon (in addition to having been shot in the chest by Clint); we only see Clint firing the final shot, and Gene's body is not shown afterwards. (Thanks to Mark and Neil)
- The Firm (1993) [Avery Tolar]: Murdered off-screen by Tobin Bell and made to look as if he drowned in his tub. His death is mentioned to Tom Cruise by Sullivan Walker over the phone.
- The Quick and the Dead (1995) [John Herod]: Shot in the chest and eye by Sharon Stone in a duel. (Thanks to Gary, Emily and Tal)
- Extreme Measures (1996) [Dr. Lawrence Myrick]: Accidentally shot in the neck by Hugh Grant while he is struggling over the gun with David Morse, which then repeatedly goes off; he dies shortly afterwards as Hugh struggles to save him. (Thanks to Stephen)
- Absolute Power (1997) [President Allen Richmond]: Stabbed to death (off-screen) by E.G. Marshall in Gene's office; we only see Gene greeting E.G., followed by a TV news broadcast reporting Gene's death (believed to be suicide). (Thanks to Eric and Neil)
- Antz (1998; animated) [General Mandible]: Providing the voice of an ant, he falls to his death at the end of a struggle with Z (voiced by Woody Allen). (Thanks to Mathew and Neil)
- Twilight (1998) [Jack Ames]: Dies (off-screen) of cancer.
- Heartbreakers (2001) [William B. Tensy]: Dies of lung disease; he has a coughing fit and collapses while preparing to make love with Sigourney Weaver, hitting his head on a phallic statue in the process. (Played for comic effect) (Thanks to Tyler and Neil)
- The Royal Tenenbaums (2001) [Royal Tenenbaum]: Dies (off-screen) of a heart attack; we learn of his death from Alec Baldwin's narration as we see Hackman riding in an ambulance with his son (Ben Stiller).
- The Invaders: The Spores (1967) [Tom Jessup]: Burnt to death, his body disintegrates, when Roy Thinnes throws a Molotov cocktail into the potting shed where the alien spores are being cultivated. (Thanks to Brian)