Gary Oldman (1958 - )
- Sid and Nancy (1986) [Sid Vicious]: Dies (off-screen) of a drug overdose; there is on-screen text at the end of the film informing us of his death.
- Prick Up Your Ears (1987) [Joe Orton]: Beaten to death with a hammer by Alfred Molina while lying in bed.
- Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead (1990) [Rosencrantz]: Executed by hanging, along with Tim Roth; we only see a shot of the ropes drawing taut after they drop.
- State of Grace (1990) [Jackie Flannery]: Shot three times in the chest with a silencer by his brother (Ed Harris) on the pier at night. His body is shown again during his funeral.
- JFK (1991) [Lee Harvey Oswald]: Shot in the chest by Brian Doyle-Murray while being escorted out of the building by policemen. Rushed to Hospital where he dies (off-screen).
- Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992) [Dracula]: Decapitated with a sword by Winona Ryder, after being stabbed in the chest (having his throat slit with a bowie knife by a dying Billy Campbell) and dragged into a church.
- True Romance (1993) [Drexl Spivey]: Shot in the crotch, then in the head, by Christian Slater in Gary's hangout.
- Immortal Beloved (1994) [Ludwig von Beethoven]: Dies of cirrhosis; it's been a while since I've seen this movie, but I believe his death was shown at the beginning, with previous events in his life being shown in flashbacks throughout the movie.
- Leon (1994) (The Professional; The Cleaner) [Norman Stansfield]: Killed in an explosion when Jean Reno sets off the grenades strapped to his own chest, after Gary shoots Jean in the back.
- Air Force One (1997) [Egor Korshunov]: Neck snapped when Harrison Ford wraps his own parachute's cord around Gary's neck and opens the chute.
- The Fifth Element (1997) [Jean-Baptiste Emmanuel Zorg]: Killed in an explosion when one of his alien henchmen activates the bomb and destroys the space station.
- Lost in Space (1998) [Dr. Zachary Smith]: Sucked into a time vortex and torn apart, after being transformed into a CGI spider-creature. This future version of the character is later prevented from coming about due to time-travel; the "present" version of Gary survives the movie.
- Quest for Camelot (1998; animated) [Sir Ruben]: Killed by a supernatural force after being tricked into returning Excalibur to its stone.
- Hannibal (2001) [Mason Verger]: Mauled and eaten by wild pigs after Zeljko Ivanek drops him into the pigs' pit.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007) [Sirius Black]: Disintegrated through the archway between life and death after being hit with the Avada Kedavra spell by Helena Bonham Carter, while Daniel Radcliffe looks on in horror. (He would later reappear as a spirit in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2, when Daniel holds the Resurrection stone.)
- A Christmas Carol (2009; animated) [Jacob Marley/Bob Cratchit]: Playing multiple roles, "Jacob Marley" dies (off-screen) shortly before the story begins; his body is shown afterwards lying in a coffin, and he appears as a ghost to Scrooge (voiced by Jim Carrey).
- Rain Fall (2009) [William Holtzer]: Shot in the forehead (off-screen). His body is shown laying on a couch.
- The Book of Eli (2010) [Carnegie]: Presumably dies (off-screen) of blood poisoning/infection after being shot in the leg by Denzel Washington. His actual death isn't confirmed, but his fate is heavily implied when Jennifer Beals tells him the wound is infected. NOTE: There is a deleted scene where he dies in bed due to his wound with Jennifer by his side.
- Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011; animated) [Lord Shen]: Providing the voice of a peacock, he is crushed to death when a cannon falls on him at the end of a fight with Po (voiced by Jack Black).
- Red Riding Hood (2011) [Solomon]: Executed with a sword by Adrian Holmes after Gary is bitten by the werewolf.
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014) [Dreyfus]: Commits suicide by detonating C-4 placed around the building he is beneath in order to kill the attacking apes, blowing up Jocko Sims and Lee Ross in the process as well.
- The Hitman's Bodyguard (2017) [Vladislav Dukhovich]: Falls to his death after Samuel L. Jackson kicks him off the rooftop of the Hague onto a car as public watches on in horror.
- Tau (2018) [Tau]: Providing the voice of the computer it is destroyed when Maika Monroe activates the houses self destruct mechanism. The computer exists until she takes one of its mobile drones and shows it what the outside world looks like.
- Screen Two: The Firm (1989) [Bex Bissell]: Shot to death by Philip Davis.
- Fallen Angels: Dead-End for Delia (1993) [Pat Keiley]: Commits suicide by shooting himself in the mouth just as Dan Hedaya bursts into the room.
Video Game Deaths:Edit
- True Crime: Streets of LA (2003) [Rasputin "Rocky" Kuznetskov/Agent Masterson]: Playing a dual role, "Rocky" is burned to death after Russell Wong destroys his plane in the game's good ending. In the game's average ending, he is shot in the back by Michelle Rodriguez while preparing to stab Russell. In the game's bad ending, he is hanged by North Korean Army commandos. "Agent Masterson" survives the game.
- The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon (2008) [Ignitus]: Providing the voice of a dragon, he is incinerated by flames after sacrificing himself to save Elijah Wood and Christina Ricci. He later returns as a spirit.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops (2010) [Viktor Reznov/Dr. Clarke]: Playing a dual role, "Viktor Reznov" is killed (off-screen) by Russian soldiers while escaping from prison; he appears as a hallucination to Sam Worthington throughout the game. His death is revealed when Ed Harris and Gene Farber inform Sam. "Dr. Clarke" is shot in the head by a Russian soldier while Ed is attempting to pull him to safety.
- Lego Dimension (2015) [Lord Vortech]: Gary Oldman voices the big bad, Lord Vortech in the game. Lord Vortech wants to take control of all Lego worlds, but eventually he gets stopped by a group of iconic heroes from various familiar franchises lead by Troy Baker, Tom Kane and Elizabeth Banks.
- Brother of Laila Morse.
- Ex-Mr. Lesley Manville.
- Ex-Mr. Uma Thurman.