The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Gabriel Byrne (1950 - )
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Excalibur (1981) [Uther Pendragon]: Stabbed to death by enemy soldiers in the woods; he dies after driving the sword Excalibur into a stone.
- Defence of the Realm (1985) [Nicholas 'Nick' Mullen]: Killed in an explosion, along with Greta Scacchi.
- Dead Man (1995) [Charles Ludlow Dickinson]: Shot in the throat by Johnny Depp, after Gabriel shoots Mili Avital when he finds Johnny and Mili in bed together.
- The Usual Suspects (1995) [Dean Keaton]: Shot to death by "Keyser Soze," who then starts a fire on the dock by lighting the gasoline trail by Gabriel's body. Gabriel's body is incinerated (off-screen) in the fire. (This is the movie's only death that is shown in "reality" and not in Kevin Spacey's version of events.)
- Mad Dog Time (Trigger Happy) (1996) [Ben London]: Shot in the head by Richard Dreyfuss, after Richard first shoots Gabriel in the legs.
- Somebody Is Waiting (1996) [Roger Ellis]: Fatally injured after knocking himself next to the fireplace following a drunken altercation with his son (Johnny Whitworth).
- The End of Violence (1997) [Ray Bering]: Shot to death.
- The Man in the Iron Mask (1998) [D'Artagnan]: Stabbed in the back by the evil Leonardo DiCaprio while Gabriel tries to rescue the good Leonardo.
- Quest for Camelot (1998; animated) [Sir Lionel]: Fatally injured after being struck with a mace by Ruber (voiced by Gary Oldman) during a dispute gone bad at the round table in Camelot. His body is shown when it is returned to his wife (voiced by Jane Seymour) and young daughter (voiced by Sarah Freeman ).
- End of Days (1999) [The Man/Satan]: The unnamed human host dies when Satan takes over his body in a men's room, and the host body eventually dies when Satan abandons it after being severely burned and explodes in a train wreck, after battling with Arnold Schwarzenegger in a subway tunnel.
- Ghost Ship (2002) [Captain Sean Murphy]: Drowned after Desmond Harrington locks Gabriel in a safe and lets it flood.
- Killing Emmett Young (Emmett's Mark) (2002) [Jack Marlow/Stephen Bracken]: Beaten to death by Tim Roth. (Thanks to Gary)
- Wah-Wah (2005) [Harry Compton]: Dies (off-screen) of a brain tumor; we last see him lying in bed at his home with his son (Nicholas Hoult) by his side, followed by a scene of his funeral.
- Hereditary (2018) [Steve Graham]: Burned alive by a supernatural force when his wife (Toni Collette) throws Milly Shapiro's sketchbook in a fire.
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Vikings: Burial of the Dead (2013) [Earl Haraldson]: After losing in a contest of single combat with Travis Fimmel when he is struck in the back with a battle axe. Travis then cuts his wrist (with Gabriel's approval) so he can bleed out quickly and be on his way to Valhalla. His body is shown later on a funeral pyre aboard a Viking ship where his remains are burned. (Stephen)
Notable Relatives[edit | edit source]
Ex-Mr. Ellen Barkin
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.