Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
Fred Beir (1927 - 1980)
- Cain's Hundred: The Debasers: Milton Bonner and Phillip Colerane (1962) [George Harding]: Killed (off-screen) in a murder-for-hire for Neville Brand.
- The Twilight Zone: Death Ship (1963) [Lt. Carter]: Killed (off-screen), along with Jack Klugman and Ross Martin, when their ship crashes on an alien planet; their bodies are shown afterwards when they discover their own bodies. A variety of explanations are offered for the situation (time travel, a telepathic illusion), until it's revealed that the crew are actually ghosts, being prevented from moving on to the afterlife by Jack's refusal to accept his death.
- Wagon Train: The Naomi Kaylor Story (1963) [Karl Blucher]: Mortally wounded by Terry Wilson when Fred pulls a gun on him after fighting with Dick Sargent who was trying to stop him from taking the unconscience Natalie Trundy out into the wilderness to kill her so that he and Joan Fontaine could steal her ranch. Fred dies telling Joan it wouldn't work when she tries to blame it all on him.
- The Big Valley: The Velvet Trap (1966) [Jack Floyd]: Gunned down in a stable by Peter Breck after he has wounded Laura Devon.
- The F.B.I.: The Cober List (1969) [Frank Lanner]: Shot to death by Robert Pickering.
- Mannix: Death Run (1969) [Bill Chase]: Shot in the chest by John Milford.
- Mannix: To Draw the Lightning (1972) [Alan Deedrich]: Shot to death (off-screen) by Michael Bell. We learn of his death when Victor Millan informs Mike Connors.
- Ellery Queen: The Adventure of the Hardhearted Huckster (1976) [James Bevin Long]: Stabbed in the back (off-screen) by Eddie Bracken in Fred's office bathroom; his body is shown afterwards when Eddie, Jim Hutton and Ken Swofford rush in after hearing Juliet Mills scream.
- Kojak: Tears for All Who Loved Her (1977) [Robbie Austin]: Shot in the chest by his wife (Jennifer Warren), after his bodyguard (Granville Van Dusen) can't bring himself to do it.