Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
Frank Langella (1938 - )
- Dracula (1979) [Count Dracula]: Burned to death by sunlight after being pulled to the mast of the ship with a cargo block-and-tackle by the mortally-wounded Laurence Olivier and Trevor Eve (working together). His cape is then seen gliding in the wind (having a mind of its own), with the sound of his wolf howl, indicating a possible return (which didn't happen).
- Sphinx (1981) [Akmed Khazzan]: Crushed to death/buried alive by falling rubble. (Thanks to Aaron)
- Masters of the Universe (1987) [Skeletor]: Thrown (off a cliff) into a pit by Dolph Lundgren. (Though at the end he comes up from the liquid, saying "I'll be back", but no sequel got made to have him return.)
- Bad Company (1995) [Vic Grimes]: Shot in the back by Laurence Fishburne in Frank's cabin, after Ellen Barkin shouts a false warning to distract Frank.
- Cutthroat Island (1995) [Dawg Brown]: Shot with a cannon (blasting him out of his ship) by his niece (Geena Davis) at the end of a struggle.
- Lolita (1997) [Clare Quilty]: Shot repeatedly by Jeremy Irons in Frank's home at the end of a chase in which Frank is cornered in his bed. (Nudity alert: Full frontal & rear)
- Small Soldiers (1998) [Archer]: Crushed (barely) by a falling dish after Chip Hazard (voice of Tommy Lee Jones) kicks him off of emormous height of a wooden pole. He is brought back to life after Gregory Smith asks if Archer was aright and saying, "Halt! Who goes there?"
- The Ninth Gate (1999) [Boris Balkan]: Shot in the back of the head by Johnny Depp, as a mercy killing after Frank bursts into flames when the Satanic ritual he's conducting goes wrong. (Thanks to ND)
- Frost/Nixon (2008) [Richard Milhous Nixon]: Dies (off-screen) of a stroke; his death is mentioned in the epilogue, with documentary footage of the real Nixon's funeral.
- The Box (2009) [Arlington Steward]: The original "Arlington" is struck by lightning (off-screen) several years before the story begins; his body was then reanimated and possessed by an alien force. (Thanks to Tommy)
- All Good Things (2010) [Sanford Marks]: Dies (off-screen) of old age/natural causes; his death is mentioned in the closing text before a scene of his son (Ryan Gosling) visiting him in hospital for the last time.
- Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps (2010) [Louis Zabel]: Commits suicide by jumping in front of an oncoming subway train.
- Unknown (2011) [Professor Rodney Cole]: Killed in an explosion/burned to death when Diane Kruger rams his van off a parking garage while running over Stipe Erceg.
- Noah (2014) [Og]: Providing the voice of a rock creature, he sacrifices himself by opening up his chest (causing him to explode and his spirit to ascend to the heavens) to hold back the men besieging Russell Crowe's ark.
- Mannix: Silent Target (1973) [Harry Tass]: Shot to death by the sheriff from a helicopter.
- Jason and the Argonauts (2000 mini-series) [Aeetes]: Stabbed to death (off-screen) by his soldiers after they discover that Jason London has stolen the Golden Fleece; we only see the men approaching him with their sword, before the scene cuts to his daughter (Jolene Blalock) mystically sensing his death. (Thanks to Stephen) (Mythologically inaccurate: Aeetes doesn't die in actual mythology, and his story concluded after Jason and Medea leave Colchis)
former partner of Whoopi Goldberg