Fiona Shaw (1958 - )
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Hedda Gabler (1993) [Hedda Gabler]: Commits suicide by shooting herself in the head. (I haven't seen this version, but I'm familiar with the story.)
- Super Mario Bros. (1993) [Lena]: Reduced to a skeleton by an overload of energy when she attempts to open the gateway between dimensions.
- Jane Eyre (1996) [Mrs. Reed]: Dies of an unspecified illness in bed, just after Charlotte Gainsbourg comes to visit her.
- The Butcher Boy (1997) [Mrs. Nugent]: Shot in the head, then butchered and dismembered, by Eamonn Owens. Her severed head is shown afterwards in a pile of cabbages.
- The Avengers (1998) [Father]: Killed in an explosion, along with the clone of Uma Thurman, when their dirigible crashes into Big Ben.
- Close Your Eyes (Doctor Sleep; Hypnotic) (2002) [Professor Catherine Lebourg]: Throat slit (off-screen) by Sophie Stuckey; her body is shown afterwards when Shirley Henderson arrives and discovers her. It's implied that her spirit (or, rather, the spirit that had been occupying her body for years) had entered Sophie's body before her death. (Fiona was made up to look much older than she actually was for this role.)
- The Black Dahlia (2006) [Ramona Linscott]: Commits suicide by shooting herself in the mouth, after confessing to killing Mia Kirshner.
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
- True Blood: Soul of Fire (2011) [Marnie Stonebrook]: Shot in the head by Stephen Moyer. She reappears as a ghost in the following episode (And When I Die) before finally moving on.
- Agatha Christie's Marple: Greenshaw's Folly (2013) [Katherine Greenshaw]: Julia Sawalha drugs her drink to incapacitate her and Sam Reid then stabs her in the neck with one of her own archery arrows.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.