The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Ellen Burstyn (1932 - )
a.k.a. Ellen McRae
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Resurrection (1980) [Edna Mae McCauley]: Is clinically dead for a brief period after a car accident, but is revived in the emergency room.
- Act of Vengeance (1986) [Margaret Yablonski]: Shot repeatedly, along with Charles Bronson, by Maury Chaykin and Robert Schenkkan, after Maury and Robert break into Charles & Ellen's bedroom while they're asleep. (Thanks to Michael)
- Flash (1997) [Grandmother Laura]: Suffers a heart attack, while on shift at the mill; she dies the next morning with her grandson Lucas Black at her bedside.
- Red Dragon (2002) [Grandma Dolarhyde]: Provides the voice of Ralph Fiennes' grandmother, who died several years before the story begins; she is only heard in Ralph's auditory hallucinations. (Thanks to Tommy)
- The Loss of a Teardrop Diamond (2008) [Addie]: Given an overdose of opium by Bryce Dallas Howard at Ellen's own request, as an assisted suicide/mercy killing.
- Coma (2012) [Mrs. Emerson]: Stabbed to death with a hypodermic needle by Lauren Ambrose after Ellen tries to kill Lauren. (Thanks to Dick Hertz)
- Interstellar (2014) [Older Murphy]: Likely dies (off-screen) of old age not too long after telling her father (Matthew McConaughey) to go out and find Anne Hathaway; her death isn't stated, but given her age, poor health and the longevity of space travel in this universe, it's easy to say that Ellen won't survive too long.
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Kraft Suspense Theatre: The Deep End (1964) [Barbara Sherwood/Lucille Benton]: Playing a dual role as twin sisters, "Lucille" is drowned in a lake by Tina Louise. ("Barbara" survives the episode.)
- Petals on the Wind (2014) [Olivia Foxworth]: Burned to death in her bed by her daughter (Heather Graham).
- House of Cards: Chapter 49 (2016) [Elizabeth Hale]: Dies after being given a lethal dose that slowly puts her to sleep by Robin Wright, with Paul Sparks by her side. Her body is later taken away by morticians.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.